Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 19,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities Job Purpose
Provide technical support to internal and external customers. Troubleshoot complex issues in an enterprise software environment while providing excellent customer service. Review product code base to understand the core functionality of the product and diagnose the root cause of issues. Make suggestions for problem solutions or software enhancements. Collaborate with existing support staff to learn our products, teach other team members and customers about the product, and help users of the software by troubleshooting or providing input into optimizing their system. Assist in the implementation of solutions in customer test and production environments. Assist with new system deployment and patch installations. Project work related to new customer enhancements, scripted solutions, HMI development, and web services. Assist in the creation of user manuals with the internal development team. Duties & Responsibilities
- This is a night shift position. Candidates must be available to work US Central Time business hours. Note that the shift timing is subject to change due to DST (Daylight Saving Time).
- Work with a team to provide technical support to internal and external customers via telephone, email, or via remote assistance tool(s)
- Provide excellent customer service to customers
- Assisting customers in the configuration of Weatherford software products
- Review product code base to understand/troubleshoot product functionality
- Troubleshoot technically complex issues across a broad range of technologies
- Use ticketing system(s) to accurately report issues, document activities, and report time
- Reproduce reported issues in local test environments and utilize tools such as Visual Studio to isolate the issues' root cause(s)
- Assist QA and Development teams by identifying product issues and providing root cause analysis
- Adhere to Service Level Agreement (SLA) standards
- Participate in software testing as needed during the release cycle
- Coordinate with other Weatherford internal teams to resolve product issues
- Work with software in Microsoft Windows operating system environments
- Participate in 24x7 rotation with other team members to respond to critical system support requests after regular business hours
- Support the creation of documentation and training material
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job
- BS Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent degree, certification, and/or experience in lieu of education
- Experience with object-oriented development (C++, C#, .NET) and software troubleshooting
- Well versed in the use of Windows operating systems
- At least 1 year of software support or customer service experience
- Experience with Windows application development
- Visual Studio experience
- SCADA, PLC programming, and communication protocol experience
- Advanced exposure to the following technologies: SQL, ODBC, IIS, ActiveX, OPC, XML, Modbus, TCP/IP, UDP