- Requisition ID: 230267
- Position Title: Sr Quality Assurance Engineer, WTCC
- Project: WTCC
- Posting End Date: 10/01/2020
- Location:Richland, WA
- Relocation Authorized: National - Family
- Other Requirements: Pre-employment drug screen, background check and physical
Bechtel is designing, constructing, and commissioning the world's largest radioactive waste treatment plant for the U.S. Department of Energy at the Hanford Site in southeastern Washington State. The Hanford Tank Waste Treatment and Immobilization Plant will use vitrification technology to process and solidify 56 million gallons (210 million liters) of radioactive and chemical waste stored at the Hanford site, which is a byproduct of plutonium production during World War II and the Cold War era.
The project is the largest undertaking of its kind and one of DOE's most technically challenging cleanup projects. Its construction spans 65 acres (26 hectares) with four major nuclear facilities - Pretreatment, Low-Activity Waste Vitrification, High-Level Waste Vitrification and Analytical Laboratory - as well as operations and maintenance buildings, utilities, other support facilities.
This position is located at the Construction Site (22 miles north of Richland) and works a 4 x 10 schedule, M-Th, 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Selected applicant needs to be able and willing to work weekends as needed. Selected applicant needs to be able and willing to work night shift (5:30pm to 4:00am) and weekends as needed.
The Waste Treatment Completion Company (WTCC) is a limited liability corporation created by Bechtel National Inc. (BNI) and Amentum (AECOM). WTCC is a subcontractor to BNI, the prime contractor, to deliver the construction, turnover, startup, and commissioning activities for the WTP project. JOB SUMMARY
The WTCC Senior QE - Functionally reports to the WTCC QE&P Manager and is responsible for facilitating effective administration and implementation of the WTP QA Program & WTP QA Manuals requirements during Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Commissioning activities. The WTCC Senior QE assures that activities are planned, performed, and completed in accordance with WTP/WTCC procedures and the WTP QA Manuals. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, architecture, science or equivalent education or specific training in area of expertise with a minimum of 9 years of applied technical experience.
- Department of Energy, NRC, Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program or other related industrial technical experience desired.
- Some experience in accomplishing work at DOE facilities is desired.
Shaping tomorrow together! Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries. Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Shaping tomorrow together Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
- Support WTCC implementing document/procedure development to ensure quality program requirements are appropriately addressed;
- Support development of Commissioning QA program implementing documents and tools for WTCC;
- Maintain expertise in quality assurance requirements;
- Personal ownership for completion of training, obtaining and maintaining required qualifications and certifications, in support of execution of assignments;
- Assist in development of WTCC quality program documents (e.g., QA Plan) for WTCC activities;
- Provide input into the required training for WTCC quality assurance and quality control personnel;
- Coordinate and support revisions of the WTP QA Program necessary to support WTCC activities;
- Develop procedures for quality assurance requirements assigned to WTCC for implementation;
- Assisting in the identification of quality attributes in planning processes to ensure work/testing/analysis is accomplished in accordance with WTP QA program requirements;
- Providing technical discipline support for identification and resolution of quality related issues;
- Providing discipline-specific support to the WTCC QC inspectors;
- Assuring appropriate implementation of the WTP QA Program within the WTCC organization;
- Assessing implementation and compliance, identifying and reporting quality assurance program deficiencies to line management and the WTCC Manager of Quality (MOQ);
- Obtaining and/or maintaining NQA-1 Lead Auditor qualification;
- Ensuring that significant issues are raised to senior management attention to facilitate prompt resolution;
- Assist with and ensure the identification, documentation, evaluation, segregation, and disposition of nonconformance's, conditions adverse to quality; and for notification to affected organizations;
- Working with the Engineering staff to develop and implement alternative requirements for items that do not conform to specified requirements including ensuring that suspect/counterfeit items (S/C-I) are not inadvertently installed or used;
- Identifying and implementing actions to promote improvement and correct deficiencies in the implementation of the WTP QA Plan within the WTCC organizations;
www.bechtel.com Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.