Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Buffalo, New York, United States
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Perform product inspection and/or factory assessment services, reporting the results in accordance with BVCPS and/or client's requirements. Training Specialist also performs training, QA and integrity related activities for inspection & audit services executed in North America.
Conduct quality/quantity inspections, sample collection, and loading check of consumer products at factories, warehouses in locations in North America. Training Specialist also trains & evaluates inspection and audit field staff to assure understanding of BVCPS Standard Operating Procedures and compliance with global KPI's.
Major Roles & Responsibilities
- Review and understand clients' inspection requirements and product specifications
- Products are inspected for appearance, workmanship, color, measurements, quantity, packaging/packing details, shipping marks, etc.
- Select, examine, measure and photograph products during and/or after production.
- Identify and record inspection results & product defects
- Prepare draft (handwritten) & final typed inspection reports
- Present inspection findings to factory management
- Ensure that all BV CPS Standard Operating Procedures and Code of Conduct are properly implemented during performance of all services
- Work with other CPS staff to interpret client requirements, product specifications and technical issues
- Work with CPS Coordinators to schedule services effectively
- Be proficient in use of IBMS and DDEI systems and be available to assist subcontractor resources in troubleshooting system issues
- Assist in any integrity related claim investigations that need to take place in North America.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request toUSinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.