Please note: This role is not immediately available for hiring. Interviewing and hiring activities will likely begin in November 2020.
Baker Hughes is currently seeking a Directional Driller for our Operations in Anchorage, AK. This role will be a rotational role in Anchorage with a potential 3 weeks on/3 weeks off rotation.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Under minimal supervision, provide direct instruction and supervision to junior Field Engineers on day-to-day wellsite work and activities.
- Provide advice and direction to external customer and third-party wellsite colleagues as appropriate.
- Provide resolution to a diverse scope and range of complex problems at the wellsite where analysis of data requires having a broad knowledge of the Product line.
- Act as a project leader and mentor junior Field Engineers.
- Maintain frequent intra-organizational and external customer contacts with a high degree of professionalism.
- Execute other related duties as assigned.
- Conduct all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values.
- High School Diploma.
- 3+ years of rig drilling experience or 2+ years of Directional Drilling (DD) experience.
- Intermediate computer skills for tracking and documentation.
- Knowledge of basic algebraic applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the skill profile required for the delivery of Directional Systems services at the well site.
- Ability to work in challenging Directional Systems environments and to provide complex solutions to the customer.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, and excellent customer awareness.
- Ability to relate to wellsite personnel at all levels, be a strong team member, and demonstrate leadership capability.
- Two year Technical Degree.
- Experience functioning as a Lead Hand or Supervisor.
- Must be able to be on call 24/7 in all weather conditions and work without neither guaranteed days off nor a structured schedule.
- Projected 100% travel and able to live at well sites for extended periods of time.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States with no restrictions.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.