Skills: Engineering Manager, Mechanical Engineering, Project Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Grangemouth, Scotland, United Kingdom
We are currently recruiting for a Project Engineering Manager to join Versalis UK in Grangemouth, who will lead the planning, costing and implementation of projects. The Project Engineering Manager will supervise all the phases of design, from conception to the detailed, as well as carry out some projects directly; will be responsible for project success, ensuring that all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed for all work completed; will be also responsible for assembling the project team, for their technical and functional development, performance, and/or the closing the project team activities during the project or projects.
- Prepare, update and monitor the multiyear plan of investments for the plant (budgets and forecasts)
- Ensure, with internal and external resources, the design and realization of investments
- Communicate with the project management department of headquarter (Milan), in compliance with Versalis procedures
- Contract administrator for the outline agreement and standalone contracts connected with the projects, collaborating with procurement to prepare technical specification and tender process and to prepare the feedbacks to contractors
- Ensure support to Process Engineering department for the economical/technical feasibility analysis
- Ensure support to the Operations to schedule the projects' realization during the commensurate shutdowns' windows, identifying long critical paths
- Ensure the management of technical archive (paper and technology)
- Ensure support to QHSE department for the projects correlated to QHSE topics, in compliance with the Versalis procedure
- Supervise the development of civil, mechanical, instrument and electrical design solutions based on engineering principles, Company Standards, National Standards and good engineering practice.
- Supervise the Project Cost Estimate and Plan that are to be submitted for approval.
- Supervise the check of Supplier's documentation and its comments as required.
- Management of a project team, composed by internal and outsourcing resources
- Proven working experience as a project manager, within the petrochemical industry or oil and gas industry;
- Good knowledge of planning software such as PROJECT or PRIMAVERA
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards (i.e. Design engineering British Standards)
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects
- Project management and supervision skills
- Decision making ability and leadership skills
- Time management and organization skills
- Cost control management: monitor the project costs and resources
- Supervise the preparation of the scope of the project and the cost estimates
- Management of steps to approve project
- Planning and control, team leadership
- Resilience, self efficacy, flexibility and lateral thinking
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Significant experience in a similar position preferably in a top tier COMAH site
- Experience on project management and project engineer
Together, we have a greater energy.
Eni will evaluate the applications received for this position. Candidates who are assessed to be more in line with the required profile will be contacted in order to continue the selection process.
Learn more about Eni's mission in our video:
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.