Please note: This role is not immediately available for hiring. Interviewing and hiring activities will likely begin in November 2020
Baker Hughes is currently seeking several ARMO Technicians for our Drilling Services team in Anchorage, AK.Essential Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot, test, assemble, disassemble and perform visual inspection of electro-mechanical assemblies
- Assist in reworking, repairing and modifying non-conforming equipment
- Perform complex and difficult tests with minimal instruction and documentation
- Ability to identify and communicate technical problems by using logical troubleshooting techniques
- Provide coaching to other technicians in areas of proven competence
- Compliance with HS&E policies and procedures
- Technical diploma or Associates degree in Electrical or Mechanical field.
- Versed in fluid power technology, AC/DC circuits and mechanical devices.
- Proficient in the use of oscilloscopes.
- 2+ years maintenance related experience in electro-mechanical function or minimum 2 years relevant industrial experience (airline, military, oilfield, automotive, electronic).
- Ability to read follow formal procedures
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work shift work
- Must be able to work in the US, for any employer, without sponsorship.
- Availability to work overtime, weekends and holidays, if required
- Familiar in the use of multi-meters, meg-ohm meters, hi-pot testers and other basic instruments
- Ability to operate crane/hoist and pallet jack
- Knowledge of power and pneumatic tools and their uses (examples: drill, grinder, polisher, sander, screwdriver, wrenches and sockets)
- Knowledge of workshop equipment and their uses (examples: air compressor, cleaning equipment, grease gun, hoist, jack, lifting equipment, measuring equipment, diagnostic equipment)
- Knowledge of measuring equipment and their uses (examples: tapes, dial test indicator, micrometer, torque wrenches, Vernier calipers)
- Familiar in the use of measurement and gauging equipment and processes
- Forklift experience
- Troubleshooting skills
- Electrical experience
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.