Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, Design Engineer, Electrical Engineering
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Job Title: Electrical Design Engineer
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Market Competitive
My client, one of the worlds most well renowned cloud and data centre services provider is looking for engineers with hands on electrical design experience. If you can design an electrical system, have an understanding of the critical equipment needs for a data center, and understand the constructability of varying designs you may be a good fit. Engineers will be responsible for taking designs from concept to the permit and construction document set. You must be capable of defining critical equipment specifications and approving equipment submittals. Engineers will indirectly support construction and be a part of the process from site selection review through commissioning and ultimately turnover.
The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Work with internal teams to understand user requirements
- Data center electrical designs and collaboration with other disciplines to create a construction document set
- Participate in site selection reviews.
- Critical Data Center equipment design including HV sub-stations, site-wide MV infrastructure, Generators, Uninterruptible Power Supplies, Switchgear, Transformers and Earthing.
Design and collaborate with other disciplines to create a construction document set.
- Creation of designs which meet or exceed our quality requirements and fall within our budgetary requirements
- Work with regional vendors and manufacturers to specify the appropriate electrical equipment.
- Degree in an Electrical Engineering
- 6+ years of experience with power systems and mission critical electrical design with and emphasis of HV/MV design
- Excellent understanding of the various code requirements across the APAC region
- Fundamental understanding of critical HV, MV and LV electrical equipment
- Possess leadership and problem solving skills.
- Chartered Engineer
- Master's degree in an Electrical Engineering
- 3 years of experience directly related to data center or mission critical facility design
- Detailed understanding of HV/MV system modelling, relays, protections schemes, high-voltage circuit breakers, power and distribution transformers electrical switchgear, grounding and earthing
- Previous consultant negotiation and management skills associated with design, construction and project execution.
- Experience with fast track design/build projects and or multiple significant upgrade projects
- Experience with large scale technical operations or large-scale compute farms.
- Knowledge of building codes and regulations
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!