Panametrics is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to work closely with our Embedded Software and Mechanical Engineering teams to design, prototype, validate, and certify next-generation industrial sensing equipment. A successful applicant would lead the development of mixed signal systems while working with their software and mechanical engineering peers to ensure the development of robust products that can operate in highly variable industrial environments, and support the sustaining our legacy products lines through their later life cycle stages.Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
- Lead the execution of product design, validation, and certification of industrial grade electrical systems
- Evaluate system level requirements by brainstorming with Product Specialists, Product Managers, and other peers throughout the organization
- Develop system architectures for multi-channel data acquisition and signal processing products
- Develop multigeneration technical development plans to maintain our long-term competitive advantage
- Support sustaining and obsolescence activities across a broad product portfolio
- Support the creation and implementation of process-driven design decisions (CPO; NPI and NTI; Operations, Sales, and Service support)
- Function as a subject matter expert on a variety of technologies by providing up-to-date, accurate information to colleagues and management.
- Bachelor's degree (minimum) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent from an accredited college or university
- 10+ years' experience with design and verification of industrial products
- Experience with schematic capture and layout tool such as PADS, and Altium.
- Familiarity with hardware debugging at board level using oscilloscope, bus analyzers, digital multimeters, etc.
- Capable of concise and effective written and verbal communication
- Effective communicator within technical and non-technical environments
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to perform in a team environment, across functions, and with customer and suppliers
- Demonstrated expertise in designing with embedded targets ranging from 8 to 32-bits including ARM/ARM Cortex, TI MSP430, and ST Micro devices with external SDRAM, flash, and peripherals.
- Demonstrated design expertise in low noise analog front ends, low power switching power supplies, and high voltage drive circuitry.
- Experience with communications including RS232, RS485, I2C, SPI, CANbus, and Ethernet.
- Experience with industrial communications protocols like HART, Foundation Fieldbus, Modbus or Profibus
- Experience with safety and hazardous standards such as IEC60079 and IEC61010.
- Experience with CE compliance including the EMC compliance testing and validation plan.
- Experience with the design of industrial sensors and sensing system interfaces in the ultrasonic flowmetering, and trace gas/moisture detection spaces.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.