Skills: Dynamic Positioning
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
JOB SUMMARY: In charge of the vessel and operation of the DP system during his/her desk assignment and all other Bridge Equipment. Vessel Management System (VMS) and ballast/stability control when off the desk. Also in charge of specific safety equipment and other deck tasks as directed by SSL or OIM
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- DPO Unlimited Certificate
- Merchant Mariner License 3rd Mate (or higher)
- 3+ years previous experience in a role with 6th generation semi-sub drilling rig
- Able to operate software applications as applicable to position
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Offshore training required:
- Passport / Government I.D
- Coast Guard Medical
- Rig Pass / Safe Gulf
- Responsible for the safe navigation of the vessel and set up assignment of the DP position reference systems when on duty. Shall not leave the bridge unless relieved by another qualified person
- Operate dynamic positioning (DP) equipment as per company and vessel operating procedures
- Ensure the bridge and DP logbooks are maintained
- Operate the ballast control system to maintain the rig in a stable condition at the correct draft and trim as directed by the SSL
- Set up operational parameters for the DP system and ensure system data is correct
- Advise relevant personnel as per Well Specific Operating Guidelines (WSOG) of potential position loss
- Referencing riser analysis create WSOG document for well planning. Ensure WSOG are followed while on location
- Ensure that all defect and anomalies on any bridge equipment are reported to the OIM and relevant department heads. Maintain records of these and ensure that they are corrected
- Monitor Vessel Management System (VMS) and fire/gas alarms. Take appropriate action.
- Ensure marine publications and navigational charts are up to date and maintained
- Ensure GMDSS systems are functioning, routinely tested and a log maintained
- Ensure watch checklist, procedure checklist and bridge equipment checks are completed. Liaise with other departments, clients, supply boats, etc.
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring the safe transfer of fluids internally and between the rig and supply vessels
Puglisevich USA is an equal opportunity employer.
Position DPO GOM Location Puglisevich USA Ltd. EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: