Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
JOB SCOPE: This position will be responsible for acting as a business partner to the management team of a manufacturing facility enabling strong business performance and ensuring adequate controls. The position will provide day to day support to the management team in line with the performance objectives of the Manufacturing Director and in compliance with company controls and compliance. This position will report directly to the Manufacturing Controller and functionally to the Plant Manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and review financial report preparation and analysis; including monthly reporting packages used by senior management and improve the reliability, timeliness, and accuracy of reporting deliverables.
- Review monthly/quarterly ad-hoc request produced by the Internal Reporting Group to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Promote error-free attitude.
- Take ownership and lead process improvement efforts in regards to the close, forecast and Budget processes Testing of monthly metadata changes.
- Participate in the testing/review of monthly changes; consult with the group to explain how certain proposals will impact our existing processes (including reporting considerations).
- Coordinate Special Projects between the Consolidations, Internal Reporting, Accounting Systems functions; to streamline the month end close reporting process.
- Review financial data to identify anomalies and approve HFM journals for accuracy and completeness.
- Be responsible for interpreting, applying, and developing company policy/accounting principles related to financial transactions.
- Provide actionable recommendations to address limitations and realistic metrics/goals that can be achieved.
- Oversee the collection and reporting of Revenue by Customer data on a monthly basis.
- Serve as the primary contact for auditor questions and requests (both internal and external).
- Promote cross training efforts within the group and oversee process documentation.
- Interact regularly with worldwide Field contacts to resolve validation issues and to understand unusual activity; coordinate with Field contacts (both Region/GBU) to understand process limitations and problem areas.
- Rationalize, improve and maintain customized Hyperion Financial Reports using FR Studio.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in Accounting, Finance, Economics or comparable business related field plus Professional degree.
- Miniumum of 8+ years of manufacturing accounting experience.
- Advanced degree or certification(s) preferred.
- Additional accounting experience preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding of Hyperion and the monthly processes used to collect data.
- Knowledge and application of US GAAP Technical and analytical proficiencies.
- Attention to detail with ability to translate into the big picture.
- Logical reasoning, critical thinking, and problem solving skills to troubleshoot issues.
- Organization and multi task skills.
- Strong work ethic - sense of urgency and ability to prioritize requests; ability to multi-task and to work efficiently under pressure to meet deadlines while producing timely and accurate deliverables.
- Ability to understand complex data and to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, demanding environment with time constraints.
- Eagerness to accept diverse responsibilities and receptiveness to change.
- Ability to work both independently and within a group environment.
- Understanding of how systems are interfaced.
- Hyperion - experience using HFM/Essbase as an Advanced End User including SmartView and FR Studio.
- MS Office Suite Proficiency (use of macros and advanced Excel formula functionality).