Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Scott, Louisiana, United States
Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Capable of producing programs for G-code, Mazak machines
- Ability to adapt to change and seeks to continuously improve
- Knowledge of current tooling technology and how to implement in to processes
- Proficient in the use of Excel.
- Ability and desire to be at work on time
- Ability to program offline using programming software and tool path verification
- Ability to program G-code and Mazak machines
- Maintain program data storage
- Participate in Lean Improvement activities
- Participate in quality and safety activities
Produces high quality machined parts by programming, computerized numerical control (CNC) machines. Maintaining safety and quality standards. Keeping records. Maintaining equipment and supplies. Maintains program storage data base as well as revision control of all programs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (not listed in any specific order)
- Plans machining strategy by studying work orders, engineering plans, materials specifications, Engineering drawings, reference planes, interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Proficient in GibbsCAM programming software preferred.
- Programs mills, and lathes based on current priority for shop.
- Observes trial run of CNC machine to verify program accuracy when required.
- Revise/change CNC programs to latest revision.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems, Technical Procedures and Work Instructions.
- W ork assignments carried out to the highest level of quality/safety
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Assist in training employee's with set up and run of programs as needed.
- Work with Machinist to improve machining methods.
- Create detailed set up sheets and tool lists.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by communicating changes, irregularities, action items.
- Selects optimum tools to perform task.
- Observes and seeks improvements in tooling technology for increased optimization of programs.
- Ability to program CNC mill and lathes preferred.