Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 19,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Experience & Education
Required: BS/ B. Tech/ Ms/ M. Tech in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or Engineering
Preferred: BS/ B. Tech/ Ms/ M. Tech in Computer Science
Knowledge, Skills, & Ability
- Excellent in Angular 2+ and strong in Microsoft technologies like C# .Net, WCF, Entity Framework, LINQ.
- Web application development experience.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong diagnostic skills to track, trouble-shoot, and identify issues.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology.
- Off-hours availability with offshore teams.
- 10+ years of experience in Microsoft Technologies like C# .Net, Entity Framework, LINQ, WCF, SQL/ Oracle.
- 3+ years of experience in Angular, Bootstrap, TypeScript, Kendo.
- Industrial Automation domain background (Oil and Gas Domain is a big plus).
- Source Control Experience (Perforce preferred).
This is the senior level job. Technical expert, leading developing and maintaining engineering application software for use in Oil/Gas industry. Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications. Supports and/or installs software applications/operating systems. Leads the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software. Designs, plans, and coordinates work teams. Assigns tasks and reviews the work of more junior personnel.
- Software development work to be done in the office.
- Software development utilizing Angular, TypeScript, Bootstrap, Kendo, C#, MS SQL, Oracle
- Prioritize and plan work to accomplish goals in a fast paced environment.
- Work closely with other developers, QA analysts, Product Owners, internal customers, and subject matter experts to develop product.
- Work independently with minimum supervision.
- Provide technical leadership by grooming and mentoring other team members.
- Work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Share responsibility in the development of automated tests.
- Adapt and respond positively and effectively to change, delay, and/or shifting priorities and goals.
- Complete projects to release and deployment utilizing knowledge of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).
- Support the creation of documentation and training material.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- The ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Off hours availability to work with remote teams.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within physical constraints of the job.