Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
A legal professional reviewing contracts, legislation, legal frameworks and legal correspondence and providing legal insight and advice to management. This position is supports Weatherford's Asia Geozone and specifically for operations in Malaysia and Brunei. The position is expected to coordinate and collaborate with the business, other subject matter legal experts, and support functions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating operational contracts and transactional documents
- Researching and advising on legal queries
- Manage litigation matters, co-ordinate and communicate instructions to external legal providers and internal co-workers
- Keeping records of all transactional documents and relevant contracts for various transactions across the Asia Geozone
- Liasing with agents, intermediaries and co-workers, reviewing and organizing documents and reports and preparing individual files for due diligence on all agents, distributors and third party intermediaries for purposes of FCPA compliance review.
- Assist Compliance Team with investigation and training
- Coordinate with the company-appointed corporate secretarial agent as necessary to ensure that all documents are properly filed, registered and updated.
- Prepare or liaise with company-appointed corporate secretarial agent for the preparation of necessary documentation for amendments, withdrawals, mergers and dissolutions of corporations or partnerships, etc.
- Conduct legal training
- Assist with merger and acquisition activities
- Adhere to Safety procedure and policies in accordance with safety management system.
- Perform other duties which may be assigned from time to time.
- Law Degree from a reputable university
- Be qualified to practice law in a common law jurisdiction
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
- At least 3 years of post-qualified experience in the corporate or commercial department of a reputable law firm or multi-national corporation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, both in English and Bahasa Malaysia or Mandarin
- Fast learner, results oriented and independent with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service skills, i.e. listening, follow-through, willingness to help
- Strong drafting and negotiating skil
- Strong presentation, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to resolve complex issues
- Strong ability to prioritize workload
- Excellent counsel and business partner
- Ability to fit in an environment which is both friendly and demanding of excellence and fast-paced
- Ability to interface with senior management
- Flexibility to travel to various Weatherford locations