Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
INTERNATIONAL UPSTREAM & EXPLORATION
SR. EXPLORATION GEOPHYSICIST
Primary Purpose of Job
Collaborating with multi-disciplinary project teams and peers to provide geophysical support for all exploration activities and studies across QP's International non-operated assets. Activities will include new venture opportunity screening, prospect & lead evaluation, drilling preparation & monitoring and seismic studies to both QA operators work and to provide QP technical recommendations for venture decisions and management approval. Additional responsibilities include JV Asset Coordination and representation of the company in all technical meetings fostering communication and knowledge exchange, and providing support for improvement to the assets/regions assigned.
• M.Sc. in a core Geoscience subject as a minimum
Experience & Skills
• Oil/gas finder with 10+ years experience as geophysical explorer in international oil companies.
• Proven track record of prospect maturation and risking.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams, projects and ventures.
• A keen explorer who enjoys working within a close team of professionals to mature exploration projects and provide clear recommendations for the company and JV.
• An ability to enthuse the team and to mentor younger staff as well as to reach across different disciplines.
• Should have demonstrable experience in oil and natural gas exploration and development projects in a wide range of sedimentary basins and tectonic settings globally, pre and post salt basins, basin and play led exploration from inception to prospect generation and drill-ready well locations.
• Must be able to work in a non-operated capacity demonstrating communication skills fundamental to preserving credibility and influencing QP's operating JV partners.
• Should be abreast of the latest technological advancements in the industry.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa