Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collection, preparation & analysis of state tax apportionment data, financial data, legal documents and other relevant info required for U.S. multistate and local income and franchise tax filings/ audits and any other statutory requirements
- Ensuring the completeness and accuracy of the tax returns, schedules and workpapers prepared
- Maintain and update tax return filing calendar
- Provide/prepare documents supporting the transactional data
- Prepare quarterly and annual US and local GAAP tax provision for entities, prepare annual RTA, perform ASC740 and ETR analysis, validate tax balance sheet accounts, coordinate with corporate tax team with respect to valuation allowance and FIN48 reserve analysis
- Prepare tax reconciliations, including monthly/quarterly balance sheet reconciliations before the return is filed. Prepare tax payments, including estimated tax and extension calculations and payments
- Proficient use of tax tools (i.e. OneSource, Corptax) as part of preparation and review of provision and compliance
- Upload final tax returns and support to tax compliance tracking system
- Assist with all tax operational matters and identify any compliance issues. Research, analyse, and summarize relevant tax topics and calculations. Escalating matters to Tax Managers and Tax Leaders for advice and resolution
- Provide state tax notice and audit support and responses as required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Written and verbal fluency in English
- 2- 3 years of work experience of CIT in large multinational/ Big 4 or Shared Service Center (knowledge of other taxes is a plus)
- Experienced/knowledge in tax processes and compliance
- Good organization skills with ability to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Good analytical skills and detail oriented
- Comfortable delivering against quantitative and qualitative performance metrics
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word and Access.
- Accountancy / Tax experience with knowledge of accounting and tax systems; Oracle and SAP, HFM, OneSource, Corptax
- Knowledge and understanding of U.S. federal, state, and local tax regulations.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.