Skills: Geophysicist, Seismic
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
•Conduct seismic (2D and 3D) interpretation studies and to participate in multi-disciplinary studies to define and evaluate exploration prospects and appraisal activities in the three concession areas.
- Conduct integrated work effort on seismic attributes analysis for input to reservoir characterization and modelling.
- Contribute to regional play evaluations, prospect ranking and maturation studies, exploration and appraisal well proposals.
- KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Job Specific Accountabilities: Technical Contribution
- Interpret 2D and 3D geophysical surface and well bore (VSP) data, including synthetic seismograms, seismic attribute volumes, horizon attributes , depth conversion and final depth maps, etc., all in full cooperation with other disciplines and integrating all petroleum engineering , geological and well data.
- Contribute into regional play evaluations, prospect ranking and maturation studies, exploration and appraisal well proposals, etc., all in full cooperation with other disciplines and specifically integrating all geophysical data in multi-disciplinary studies .
- Proposing and justifying geophysical data gathering activities such as the acquisition and processing of new 20 or 30 seismic or re-processing of existing seismic data or acquisition and processing of gravity and magnetic data.
- To integrate the 2D and 3D seismic interpretation, surface and well bore (VSP) data, including synthetic seismograms, seismic attribute volumes , horizon attributes, depth conversion and final depth maps, etc.
- Contribute into regional play evaluations, prospect ranking and maturation studies, exploration and appraisal well proposals
General Accountabilities Technology Enhancement
- Staying up-to- date with the latest software developments and new applications , which are of potential value to the Division.
. .Policies, Systems & Processes Improvement
- Works in accordance with the established Company Policy and Procedures, Completed assignments are subject to review.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Ensure that Subsurface Division complies with all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across all operations and support function and all projects, to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality products/service and a responsible environmental attitude.
- COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Daily interactions with Manager, Geoscience, VP Exploration and staff within the department and division regarding project execution
- Frequent contacts with OPCO staff, on joint studies or exploration projects carried out by the OPCOs.
- Occasional contacts with consultants and contractors on projects carried out for Company and with vendors on geological software and hardware issues.
6.QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS: Minimum Qualification
- Bachelor's Degree in Sciences (Geology)/Geophysics.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum 6 - 8 years of technical experience as seismic interpreter.
- At least 3 years of development projects in Oil and Gas Sector.
- Course certificates from core area of Geophysics (Velocity Modelling, Seismic attributes generation and analysis, Seismic inversion...)
- Geological background is required including familiarization with structural geology and sequence stratigraphic concepts.
- Up-to-date - hands on expert level experience in Landmark Seisworks, Petrel or similarly agreed geophysical interpretation software .
- Strong familiarity with seismic attribute analysis and /or rock physics.
- Good communication and report writing skills in English
- Having good attitude, interpersonal and inter-cultural communication sl
- Decision-making and prioritizing abilities
- Analytical & Creative Bent of Mind
At IDC Manpower Supply we understand that the task of providing services of requirement and selection of personnel demands a high degree of integration between the client and its adviser in order to create a partnership that really add value to the process, Our mission is that our clients made their final decisions counting with all the information and local expertise that IDC Manpower Supply makes available to them.
Our firm counts with a team of seasoned professionals with long standing experience in the areas of recruitment and selection of specialized personnel for the oil Industry, who will manage this process end-to-end and assist you in taking the right human resources decision.
Our Parent Company, International Development Company (IDC) is one of the UAE's leading service and supply companies. With its international expertise in the oil, gas, power and water, telecommunication, private industrial projects, construction, petrochemical industries, along with a reputation for progressive and innovative approaches to business, it has experienced rapid expansion and prosperity.
Over the course of 39 years, IDC maintained its continuous coverage of interrelated fields; starting with the oil & gas industry, and its focus on developing countries that are experiencing an increasing need of equipment, spare parts, consumer goods and general industrial supplies. This earned IDC its reputation as a quality supplier of material, equipment and services that are provided by engineers and well-qualified specialists in various fields.