Skills: Safety Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3. JOB PURPOSE:
Participate/ Lead (as it is required) all the HSE activities, processes, communications and team in line with the company's HSE policies and procedures to ensure the desired level of safety, health and environment standards in the respective location; area, plant, operations, or projects, etc.
Participate/ Lead (as it is required) the HSE team to perform all the HSE verification and inspection towards supporting the plant operations, assets, and team. In addition, advise on any reported potential threats or deviated operating and HSE conditions.
4. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Job Specific Accountabilities
· Organize the workload among the teams to ensure balanced activities by the HSE inspection teams per each plant per shift.
· Lead the daily communications for shift, operations, or project updates to ensure consistent and timely information cascaded to the team.
· Provide with recommendations, inputs and feedback for the formulation, development and implementation of the annual HSE plan.
· Oversee the maintenance, and checks of all emergency systems and other equipment to ensure the readiness of it at all time.
· Maintain site emergency response capability at optimum preparedness level in the face of foreseeable contingencies.
· Lead the creation and update of emergency response scenarios to ensure that all personnel with emergency duties are fully prepared through training and exercises.
· Monitor the personnel and operations act to ensure adherence to Health, Safety and Environment standards in line with the company's HSE objectives and standards.
· Plan and monitor the HSE' audits and visits, for regular or non-regular, and internal and external, to ensure the proper conditions all the time.
· Investigate accidents, incidents, and other relevant reports and matters to ensure proper analysis and recommendation per each.
· Ensure availability of all required fire, safety, lifesaving, environment, and emergency equipment to meet all possible contingencies.
· Maintain updated inspection records available at all times for checking and verification by external parties.
· Specify the personal protection equipment requirements for all site employees and monitor the enforcement of these requirements.
Audits & Investigation
· Audit and investigate the Safety and HSE performance by the HSE personnel in the company plants and sites to ensure compliance with the company's HSE, and HSE technical directions.
· Oversee and participate in the emergency plans; i.e. facility response plan, drilling exercises, etc., to ensure safety' requirements are fully addressed within the plan.
· Review and assess the HSE inspection to underline and recommend actions to develop the processes and processes.
Reliability & Design Studies
· Propose the specifications of safety equipment and materials to meet the protection requirement needed in the plant.
· Research and review the safety requirement for the technical projects, plant modifications and other asset or technical integrity studies or projects for the company assets, to ensure through review of the safety aspects and contingency plans.
· Collaborate with the other group HSE' teams and experts in analysing and assessing all types of risks and hazardous for all company assets and facilities to align understanding, plans and communications.
· Recommend and advise on the safety aspects for any technical failures to ensure addressing the safety barriers in the future design or activities.
· Lead and recommend communications, awareness and training sessions for the respective area and site, to introduce new or developed standards, processes, technology, etc., or tackling certain hot topics.
· Review and define the HSE Training needs and develop training program to ensure the level of HSE understanding and competency among the HSE and all teams.
· Communicate and report the risk findings and alarms to ensure mitigating the hazards within the site, and develop and maintain the necessary control mechanisms in line with the HSE Management System.
· Plan and supervise the activities of the personnel and resources of the Team to achieve the Department objectives in an efficient and cost-conscious manner while ensuring implementation of approved operational plans for the Team in line with Department objectives.
· Develop the knowledge, competencies and innovative spirit in the Team and support the establishment of Personal Development Plans (PDP's), Succession Planning and Talent pipeline within the team in coordination with the Human Capability Group to continuously develop employees with emphasis on UAE Nationals to meet Emiratization targets.
Budgets and Operational Plans
· Compile and provide input for preparation of the Department budgets and regularly monitor expenditure against approved the Team budget levels.
· Investigate, highlight and reconcile any significant variances to ensure effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
· Lead the implementation of approved Section policies, processes, systems, standards, procedures and internal controls in order to support execution of the Department work programs in line with Company and International standards.
· Implement the Company Performance Management System for individuals within the Section in accordance with Company approved guidelines and continuously monitor the achievement of the team KPIs related to the approved Annual Performance Management Contract and the Balanced Score Card.
Organisation Structure and Development
· Review, develop and recommend the appropriate organisation structure for the Team that will best utilise human capital while proactively incorporating sustainability into the on-going work practices to meet the business objectives.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
· Encourage innovation, enhance employee motivation and support initiatives for implementation of Change Management to continuously improve operations and services.
· Propose improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the Team.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
· Support the institution of an HSE culture and ensure compliance with relevant HSE policies, procedures, systems & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines across the Section in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices.
· Ensure adequate HSE training and induction for all Sections employees to meet HSE standards.
Management Information Systems (MIS) and Reports
· Prepare all Section MIS and progress reports to provide accurate and timely reports and necessary information to Company Management to effectively manage the business.
5. COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
· Audit HSE Management
· HSE Operations/ Technical / Projects
· Asset Owners
· Site Management
· Internal Audit
· Quality Management Systems
· External Auditors
· Technology Providers
· Research and Consulting Firms
· HSE Contractors
6. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
· Bachelor Degree in Safety, Industrial Engineering, or any related engineering fields.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills:
· 10 - 15 years in HSE management and technical safety engineering experience in the Oil & Gas industry, specializing in onshore/offshore major projects safety design & loss prevention development
· Conversant with Local, National & International HSE Regulations, Codes & Standards..
· Experience in Risk Assessment Studies; i.e. TRA, HAZID, HAZOPS, PSSR, HSEIA, etc. Hands-on Management Systems, Safety Design, Aspect & Impact Studies, and Project Management.
· A Degree in Occupational HSE/Process Safety/ Risk Management/Loss prevention from an accredited university/institution.
7. TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
· Knowledgeable about HSEMS, HSES procedures and HSE Best Practices.
· Demonstrated interpersonal/teambuilding skills.
· Self-starter with ability to drive accomplishments.
Proficient in English.
At IDC Manpower Supply we understand that the task of providing services of requirement and selection of personnel demands a high degree of integration between the client and its adviser in order to create a partnership that really add value to the process, Our mission is that our clients made their final decisions counting with all the information and local expertise that IDC Manpower Supply makes available to them.
Our firm counts with a team of seasoned professionals with long standing experience in the areas of recruitment and selection of specialized personnel for the oil Industry, who will manage this process end-to-end and assist you in taking the right human resources decision.
Our Parent Company, International Development Company (IDC) is one of the UAE's leading service and supply companies. With its international expertise in the oil, gas, power and water, telecommunication, private industrial projects, construction, petrochemical industries, along with a reputation for progressive and innovative approaches to business, it has experienced rapid expansion and prosperity.
Over the course of 39 years, IDC maintained its continuous coverage of interrelated fields; starting with the oil & gas industry, and its focus on developing countries that are experiencing an increasing need of equipment, spare parts, consumer goods and general industrial supplies. This earned IDC its reputation as a quality supplier of material, equipment and services that are provided by engineers and well-qualified specialists in various fields.