Overview About Weatherford
Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube . Mission
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers. Responsibilities Key Requirements:
- Minimum of 4-6 years experience
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Candidate must be fluent in English language (speaking and writing). Arabic language is an added advantage.
- Diploma in Engineering (Electronic, Electrical or Mechanical).
Qualifications LWD Electronic Repair Technician - Saudi Arabia
- BSc degree in Engineering (Electronic, Electrical or Mechanical).
- Weatherford R&M Experience.
- Knowledge of Weatherford MWD and LWD tools (Driver, HAGR, BAP, IFD, FD, ICA, ICB and Battery inserts repairs).
- Weatherford R&M1, R&M2 and Soldering Training.
- Advanced skills in using MyAdvisor, Windchill, Endeca, and WPTS.
- Lean Six Sigma or CMQ training is a plus.
We have an exciting Opportunity for a LWD Electronic Repair Technician
based in our facilities in Saudi Arabia. The successful candidate will play a key role in the Repair and Maintenance team with specific knowledge and experience repair and maintenance of downhole MWD and LWD tools. Position Specifications:
- Experience in electronic repairs, replacement of circuit boards, wiring downhole inserts and tools and wiring connectors.
- Experience in downhole electronics soldering.
- Valid soldering training.
- Ability to troubleshoot and fault find electronic inserts/tools.
- Ability to read electrical drawings and follow wiring schematics.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings, QC and inspection reports.
- Ability to accurately forecast inventory requirement to maintain repair cycle at < 40 days.
- Working knowledge of DS-1 inspection criteria.
- Adhere to Safety procedure and policies in accordance with safety management system. Including:
- Active participation and contribution to specific safety initiatives in meetings.
- Report all hazardous and unsafe acts.
- Actively promote positive safety culture.
- Adhere to Quality procedure and policies in accordance with the Weatherford quality assurance system, Including:
- Compliance to work instructions.
- Raising corrective actions for all non-conformances.
- identifying areas requiring improvement and / or audit