Skills: Logistics Management, Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, an Oil and Gas Producer, is currently looking for Turnaround Planner - Piping/Mechanical for a 1 year contract to be based in Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta
Job Scope: • Field verification of work described in approved work scope submissions and develops detailed Primavera work scope activities, with craft type and estimated hours, coding requirements etc.
• Ensures work plans developed by craft and operations planners are fit for purpose and are integrated into the overall project file with correct coding etc.
• Works with project planners to ensure project scope is fully integrated into a single block plan within Primavera
• Develops and integrates added found work into Primavera schedule • Assesses job to understand the optimal plan to achieve turnaround premises including low cost and safety performance.
• Ensures environmental plan (waste disposal, frac tanks, vac trucks, etc) is developed.
• Creates bill of material for assigned work, requisitions material, and ensures all material is delivered before feed out of unit.
• Assembles work packages with detailed information for planning and execution. Identification, review, and escalation of high-risk activities.
• Prepares logistics plan for assigned area.
• Ensures compliance to plant orders, policies and procedures including, but not limited to Downstream One, MOC, quality, and Work List Revision processes
• Loads schedule logic to efficiently execute scope of work and resource levels the plan.
• Works with Master Scheduler to optimize the master schedule.
• Completes estimate of Direct Field Labor hours, overheads, materials, and equipment for assigned area.
Communicates key issues and risks to the T/A Block Supervisor and Event Manager.
• Responsible for update of the schedule during Pre / Execution / Post phases for assigned TA block
• Management of turnaround files and records
• Provides a critique of turnaround activities after completion of project, participates in Lessons Learned and Lookback process.
• Is mindful of and continues to look for opportunities to optimize turnaround scope, and plan and execute with low cost mindset.
• Highly demanding and fast paced job, particularly during execution
• Balancing and delivering results in the 5 performance areas of safety, environmental, quality, schedule and cost.
• Delivering results against industry (Solomon) benchmarks in turnaround cost and duration
• Maintain strong relationship with entire team during times of high energy and stress
• Working with site experts to develop skill sets for equipment unique to the individual site
• Supervisory skills in managing crafts
• Written and verbal communication skills
• Customer focus (operations)
• Works effectively in a Team environment and build consensus
• Computer skills - PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, Primavera, Visio, GSAP / SAP
• 5 Years + Experience in executing turnarounds
• 5 Years + Experience in planning turnaround work
• A minimum of 5 year experience and intermediate skill level in scheduling using Primavera.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.