Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst, Financial Audit
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Algiers, Algeria
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall financial/ treasury management and coordination across the geography.
- Supervises treasury, tax, billing, collection and payable staff that are located within the geography.
- Responsible for monitoring and controlling DSO within the geography.
- Responsible for the integrity of the balance sheet in the geography
- Works closely with the Operations to ensure that the operations within the GeoMarket is conducted in compliance with the local laws.
- Ensures that all financial transactions are recorded in compliance with the SLB policies and procedures. Ensure adherence to corporate ethical policies and internal controls.
- Ensures that the accounting transactions are recorded in compliance with the local accounting regulations and practices.
- Trains line managers to interpret and comprehend financial statements and principles, and coach them regarding key business Product Line drivers. Provide the financial training for the operation. Answer inquiries regarding financial assets, recommend policies, and advise and council line management.
- Recruit, train and develop all financial staff within the geography.
- Review and approve all material non-FTE Capital Acquisition Reviews (CAR's), and long-term lease commitments.
- Understands, reviews, implements, complies and assists with development of Sarbanes Oxley requirements as defined in the risk control matrix.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5-7 years' experience in Finance/ Treasury with at least 2 years as a Country Finance Manager
- Oil and Gas industry, Overseas exposure / Multinational (preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting / Economics
- Good English and communication skills
- Ambitious and Energetic individuals
- Highly mobile candidates preferred
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in Algeria without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.