Skills: Construction Manager, Contracts Engineer, Purchasing
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Batam, Indonesia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Indonesia
- Bachelor's degree from reputable university
- 5+ years' of experiences working in the same role, experienced in Oil and Gas Industry (Fabrication, Shipyard, E-houses, Refinery, FPSO, Petrochemical,etc.)
- Able to communicate both in English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Point of Hire: Batam / Preferably someone who's residing in Batam
Sourcing, negotiating and buying of goods, materials and services to meet the Company's operational requirements.
Overall Purpose of the Role: Purchase goods, materials and services to ensure that the company operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply. This role has greater responsibility and accountability than a Buyer and includes some people management responsibility. The job holder may take responsibility for a specific project or hold a larger remit in terms of purchasing responsibility. Key Responsibilities: General and Task Management
- Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible
- Deliver briefs, updates and reports as and when required
- Develop creative and innovative procurement processes ? Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement
- Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures and the Official Journal of the European Community (OJEU) guidance during supplier negotiations and contracts award process.
- Explore alternate sources for goods and materials
- Assess tenders and quotations from potential suppliers
- Prepare purchase orders in line with final negotiations with selected suppliers and in line with organisational targets and requirements
- Undertake research on and evaluate existing and new suppliers
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.