Sunnyvale, California, United States
Sunnyvale, California, United States
Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom, Engineering Technician
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Sunnyvale, California, United States
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Interoperability Test Engineer
- The responsibility for the verification and interoperability testing of various cellular-connected devices, including cellular phones and IoT products on live networks
- Test plan/specification execution for GCF, DFIT, FIT, Verizon for VoLTE, E911 and cellular 3/4/ and 5G technologies
- Live area testing both mobile and stationary for various operator and industry standards together with any required customized needs.
- Preparation of precise test report and the important customer interface
- Log trace preparation utilizing such tools as QXDM, QCAT ect
- Work closely with the engineering teams and interact with the customers' needs and requirements
- Identification issues and debug via test campaigns
- Customer transparency for device issues and reporting
- Closely interact with project managers, engineering, operations, and sales to ensure the effective delivery of service.
Major Roles & Responsibilities
- Schedule work to ensure that Turn-Around-Times (TAT) for all submissions, whether entered on a regular or rush basis, are maintained within standards.
- Interact with other operations supervisors and managers on a daily basis, holding on-going discussions regarding test methods and adherence to standards and quality in accordance with industry, association and internal Bureau Veritas requirements.
- Participate in the implementation of new business to ensure a seamless start-up.
- Work with global counterparts in assigned Service Line in the development and implementation of related test methods and test packages to meet client expectations at the site.
- Instruct staff in new or revised test methods and standards, new technologies and use of new equipment and materials. Interpret technical information, problems and issues for staff as required, ensuring a clear understanding of their objectives and direction.
- Actively participate in regional and globally relevant industry, regulatory, and market associations that would benefit the region, global service line and division.
- Maintain a high level of technical competence and understanding through continual reading and review of various publications and other sources of technical information, including associations, ultimately transferring information to staff on a daily basis.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Client interaction skills: Demonstrated ability to work with customers, determine their requirements, secure additional business, define and assist in solving problems, and generally ensure their total satisfaction with BV
- Problem solving skills including the ability to lead groups of diverse people through a problem-solving process
- The ability to organize and prioritize daily activities and workload in a resource constrained environment
- Effective oral and written communications skills including the ability to deliver presentations to in-house and client/vendor audiences
- Strong skills as a team leader and ability to work well with peers.
Experience and Educational Background Required for the Job
- 4 year bachelor degree in related field; 2-3 years related experience or
- Experience may be substituted in lieu of bachelor's degree in related field
- Travel required
- MVR review
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request toUSinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.