Skills: Cost Engineer, Estimating, Quantity Surveying
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Construction engineering company
Residential role in UAE
PURPOSE & SCOPE
- Present position is for an Estimator role in 'Engineering Department' and the incumbent shall be responsible for
- estimate preparation during all phases of engineering development viz. Select phase to the final FEED package
- having estimates for EPC works. Accordingly, the candidate is expected to possess necessary experience and
- skills for Class 5 to Class 1 estimation techniques depending on the maturity level of project definition.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development of in-house cost database from executed projects, budgetary quotes, and other relevant data
- Review of FEED design / Tender documents
- Organise / take part in Estimation initiation & review meetings
- All in-house co-ordination for preparation of estimates (Select and FEED phase as well as bid phase) including
- Responsible for review/preparation of OME (Order of magnitude estimate) before onward submissions.
- Ensure that commercial submissions to tenders are fully complied with all necessary details.
- Responsible to verify detailed MTOs (quantity take-off) from FEED / tender documentation.
- Ensure the Indirect Cost Estimate is correctly prepared
- Proactively work with the Procurement Group to ensure Vendors RFQ Technical and Commercial Bid
- Assist Engineering Manager with the preparation of a list of clarifications and qualifications to the proposal.
- Assist in other various departmental development work Requirements
- At least 10 years of experience
- Past experience of similar nature in oil & gas Contracting Organisation in Concept, FEED, EPCI and T&I business
Education Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- A recognized BS, MS degree, Diploma in Engineering or Quantity Surveying in a related field is preferred.
- AACE or equivalent accreditation via Certified Professional Estimator (CPE) or other qualification should be
- stated but not a requirement.
- Minimum 10 years post qualification industry experience
- Proven skills in developing internal cost database
- Leadership in HSE culture and behaviour across line of business
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Aspen Capital Cost Estimator and/or similar software platforms
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.