Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst, Financial Audit
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
In alignment with the overall strategies and goals of the Company, the Senior Internal Auditor is to add value to the organizational performance by providing quality auditing services that result in verified financial data, reduced costs, gains in operational efficiencies, strengthened internal controls, and improved corporate policy. The Senior Internal Auditor shall also play a key role in executing the Company's compliance program for the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act and assisting management in their assessment of the Company's internal control over financial reporting. This position reports to the Director Internal Audit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, organize and perform various audits, including financial, operational, and compliance audit projects.
- Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
- Conducts interviews, reviews documents, develops and administers surveys, composes summary memos, and prepares accurate and complete working papers that adequately support audit findings and work performed.
- Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and recommendations concerning areas being reviewed and discusses them with the auditee.
- Communicates or assists in communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written draft audit reports and oral presentations to management.
- Identifies and evaluates the organization's risk areas and provides key input to the development of the Annual Audit Plan, and in developing audit programs and tests.
- Assists in providing training, coaching and guidance to employees and staff on audit and internal control-related areas.
- Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards.
- Assists Director of Internal Audit and participates in special projects/investigations as required.
- In addition to auditing duties, performs testing and related tasks for compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act throughout the year. Presents SOX test results to auditees to ensure accuracy and follows-up on remediation efforts. Maintains a proactive approach to ensure compliance with the SOX requirements - to reduce the risk of a Significant Deficiency or Material Weakness, as defined by the SOX regulations.
- Strong knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, and management principles and preferred business practices.
- Knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Knowledge of COSO a plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally up to 50%.
- Knowledge of management information systems terminology, concepts and practices.
- Experience with Oracle Financials a plus.
- Strong PC skills, including using Microsoft Office products and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries and analyses.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations.
- Foreign language skills a plus, but not required.
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Strong knowledge of the SOX Act and compliance requirements.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Four to seven years' experience of internal and/or external auditing.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university.
- Oilfield services or energy industry experience a plus.
- Holds or can qualify for a US Passport.
- IT audit experience a plus.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret generally accepted accounting rules, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Current CPA license required.
- Other professional certifications a plus (e.g. CIA, CFE, CISA) preferred.
- Valid driver's license
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. The employee may be asked to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a description of the environment in which the work is performed as well as such ideas as need for overtime, travel, working with hazardous materials
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.