Skills: Galleyhand, Catering
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Job Title: Cook
Reports To: Chief Cook
The Cook is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the galley and the provision storage area(s).
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Transport Canada Ship's Cook Certificate or Provincial Standard (Red Seal)
- Seaman's Discharge Book
- STCW Basic Safety
- STCW Survival craft other than a fast rescue craft
- Marine Basic First Aid or Marine Advanced First Aid
- Valid Marine Medical
- Valid Food Safety Handling Training
- Valid Canadian Passport
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen, Alcohol Screening and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with procedures and working instructions
- Responsible for cooking and baking activities
- Assists chief cook in the maintenance of stock levels for all catering and cleaning materials including stock rotation
- Ensures the Galley, fridges, freezers, storerooms and mess rooms are maintained in a clean & hygienic condition
- Assist the Chief Cook in their assistance to the Captain in conducting the Master's Review in accordance with the ISM Code
- Practice workplace health and safety procedures
- Operate, clean and maintain food services equipment and facilities
- Manage food safety
- Other Duties as Required
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective of Puglisevich and it's client to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland & Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Cook - Marine Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: