Skills: Manufacturing Engineering, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Twinsburg, Ohio, United States
As a Lead Quality Engineer you will provide quality assurance support for the procurement and manufacture of instrumentation and control equipment, mechanical components, and parts for the Reuter-Stokes nuclear product line.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure product and process compliance with internal procedures, regulatory requirements, industry standards and best practices.
- Apply technical and quality knowledge and practical experience to the analysis, investigation, and solution of quality problems to assure that prompt and effective corrective action is taken.
- Lead cross-functional resources (salaried and hourly) to track, trend, and resolve internal processing issues.
- Drive continuous improvement in Quality systems, product yield and customer satisfaction.
- Perform internal audits of Reuter-Stokes key business processes.
- Write and review technical quality documents, plans and procedures, as required.
- Collaborate with internal functions to qualify new vendors and processes.
- Represent the Reuter-Stokes business in the support of external audits from customers and regulatory agencies.
- Occasional travel to supplier sites to support audit performance activities.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a Technical discipline from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Quality), or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience in a manufacturing environment: Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Technology role.
- Nuclear industry experience, or other regulated industry experience (e.g. Aerospace, Medical)
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills,
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
- Auditing experience, including lead auditor certification
- Electrical and/or Mechanical Inspection experience
- Experience interfacing with customers
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.