Skills: Asset Integrity Engineer, NDT Technician, Pipe Inspection / NDT
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Doha, Qatar
Scope of Work
This position is reporting to the Offshore Installation Manager (N+1) and Offshore Area Manager (N+2).
• Position has 0 NOC direct reports / subordinate positions (N-1).
• Position supervises contract personnel associated with Inspection and Integrity related activities.
• Implement and supervise the execution remit of the defined inspection plan
• Oversee all activities associated with the inspection of topsides process facilities, export systems and primary/secondary structure
• Provide support and risk based/prioritised direction to the OFMEs to ensure that integrity threats associated with fabric maintenance are identified and escalated for execution accordingly
• Act as site performing authority to ensure that all responsible activities are carried out in accordance with NOC permit to work system and company procedures
• Contribute to defining the inspection strategy/plan via close collaborations with onshore support functions
• Supervise incumbent inspection contractor(s) to deliver on short term operational and integrity based priorities
• Responsible for the effective resource management of site based contractors; ensuring resource deployment based on risk
• Actively promote and visibly drive a strong safety culture, through regular tool box talks and value adding interventions
• Develop and implement safe working processes to deliver on inspection strategy, ensuring all those engaged in inspection related activities understand their duties associated with a safe and reliable operation
• Implement and actively drive best in business approach to integrity management and inspection regimes
• Initiate, lead and participate in site based audits as requested/required
• Evaluate inspection results/findings and report to onshore support functions, whilst ensuring that the OIM is well informed via daily reporting
• Contribute to the delivery of the 95% inspection delivery KPI by ensuring timely completion of planned activities
• Act as advisor to the OIM on all matters integrity associated with high risk/potential high risk
• Oversee as Radiation Supervisor that radioactive sources are transported, stored and handled in accordance with local regulations, ensuring that suitably qualified contractor RPOs are present at all times.
• Ensure that rope access activities are carried out safely and in strict accordance with best practice outlined by IRATA.
• Ensure that any and all inspection contractors associated with this activity are suitably vetted
• Provide leadership and coaching to all technicians in the execution of their responsibilities; encourage innovative thinking around process safety and production optimization
• Ensure that all technicians are vetted prior to mobilization; via competence assessment and conversation
• Ensure that all NDT technicians have the right training and competencies to carry out their duties
• Regularly audit the offshore NDT community of technicians to ensure competence is managed and recorded
• Role model and uphold the company core values, golden rules and leadership behaviors
• Assist in the development and maturation of integrity based KPIs; ensuring regular reporting against them
• Responsible for the Integrity envelope of an operational system, by overseeing PSV re-certification approvals and recommendations to confirm safety systems are functional per design
• Manage and track all temporary repairs installed and ensure periodic review/rectification
• Conduct offshore inspection surveys on process equipment as per NOC written scheme/inspection plans
• Contribute to the preparation of an annual report at the start of each year summarizing the integrity status, key related activities and any challenges for all the main assets (Pressure vessels, PSV's, and piping, structures, and pipelines.
• Actively participate in daily operational, maintenance and inspection collaborative conference calls
• All staff must be willing to participate in crisis response training and to assist during emergency response situations if required.
• Minimum of high school or equivalent education.
• Certification in API 510 & 570 is required
• Experience in the application of standard/non-standard Non-Destructive Testing techniques is required
• ASME Plant Inspector Level 1/2 is preferred
• Existing and/or expired PCN or ASNT NDT qualifications are beneficial, but not essential
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in the petrochemical, refining, oil / gas exploration and/or production
• industries in a similar role with at least 3 years in a leadership/supervisory capacity
• Practical experience in plant inspection and an appreciation of NDT application/limitation is required
• Thorough understanding and application of industry process safety guidelines and procedures
• Strong leadership/supervisory skills in a multicultural and highly technical specialized environment
• Working knowledge of international codes and standards pertinent to inspection and integrity field
• Appreciation for and understanding of, the various materials used offshore, their limitations and application.
• Fluent in written and spoken English