Skills: Gas Plant Operations, Supply & Distribution
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Carrizo Springs, Texas, United States
Looking for a long-term career opportunity? Come join Wood as a Gas Plant Operator in Carizzo Springs, TX. Position is a 7/7 rotation but candidate must live local as no per diem or lodging will be provided. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation, LTD/STD and more.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Adhere to and enforce all applicable company, state, and federal safety and environmental regulations
- Execute startup, shut down and operating procedures for compressors, furnaces, distillation towers, expanders, electric motors, fans, pumps, instrumentation, valves and alarms
- Analyze flow streams using a gas chromatograph and make necessary process adjustments to maintain product specifications
- Perform minor maintenance of compressors, engines, pumps, controls, piping and valves
- Generate daily production reports including liquid production, downtime and gas volumes
- Test product samples and make adjustments to preserve product quality and proper specifications
- Coordinate and oversee the transfer of liquid products into trucks, pipelines or barges
- Prepare maintenance orders and notify maintenance personnel of problem areas
- Complete assigned reports and logs
- Work outside in variable environmental conditions around heavy equipment
- Compresson and pipeline experience required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Two years' experience in oil and gas production facilities preferred
- Working knowledge of the oil and gas industry
- Computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a team-focused environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Valid driver's license with no restrictions that would prohibit driving a company vehicle.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.