Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: England, United Kingdom
Our client is a major Infrastructure & Construction company who are recruiting for a Highways Design Engineer on a staff basis to work in the Oxford area on a Major highways scheme.
The Design Engineer will work as part of a close-knit team of engineers and technicians to develop and deliver a wide range of highway and transport infrastructure projects.
We're looking for:
- Design a range of highway improvement and traffic engineering schemes
- Work closely with project managers and other local teams to plan and implement these schemes from 'start to finish' within budget and to programme, and in compliance with quality, safety and environmental objectives
- Consult with a range of internal and external stakeholders at all stages of a scheme
- Ensure that relevant standards are applied in accordance with national & local criteria and sound engineering practice, to deliver appropriate solutions which offer best value
- Assist in the training and development of our trainee and graduate engineers
- Come from a string Design background, derisibly in the Highways sector, working on structures, roads, pavements, carriageways or similar