Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst, Financial Audit
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
The position will support North America Crude Supply and Trading organization (NA CSAT).
S&T CSAT team, located in Buenos Aires, provides support to Midstream operations by overseeing the accounting behind commercialization and shipment of crude petroleum products from origination sources (offshore / onshore leases) to Chevron refineries, as well as accounting for all product traded with third parties in the Oil & Gas industry. Team tasks are typically distributed by area and in alignment to Front Office desk distribution (to allow a fluent interaction between members).
Building a comprehensive understanding of the end to end processes in scope (how operations translate to accounting) is the key to ensure Analyst success in role.
In this position, Analyst will have the opportunity to:
Get a deeper understanding on company core activities such as trading and crude petroleum transportation
Collaboratively work and engage (daily basis) with S&T CSAT front office personnel, including Traders, Schedulers and Operations' specialists, as well as North America Finance employees.
Get fluent on industry standards and products' flow through diverse supply systems and means of transport.
Exercise/Improve communication skills to meet customers' demanding expectations
Demonstrate flexibility (adaptability) to deliver exceeding results in a very dynamic business, producing timely value-adding data to feed the Business' decision-making process.
Responsibilities for this position are but not limited to:
- Account, monitor and reconcile inventories on In-Transit, Storage and Non-storage facilities
- Validate and process Product purchase and sales, and primary and secondary costs invoices
- Analyze and address volume and price discrepancies with customers/vendors. Workout and request involvement from Front office when needed.
- Articulate contracts jargon and system terminology to ensure independency in the resolution of discrepancies
- Generate/Monitor daily/monthly exception reports
- Initiate customer/vendor creation requests to enable timely payment/billing process
- Perform AP/AR Accounts Reconciliation
- Perform Month end close Financial tasks
- Seek for optimization opportunities throughout the process
- Bring in and continue gaining expertise in new digital tools, such as PowerApps/Microsoft Flows and Productivity tools like SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related careers.
- + 4 years of Relevant finance or accounting work experience (e.g. accounts payables, accounts reconciliation, inventory, fixed assets, general ledger, intercompany, exchange accounting, credits and receivable).
- Advanced English level. Candidates selected for an interview will be required to complete an English assessment test.
- Ability to listen carefully and use clear, concise oral and written skills to convey facts, present positions, and interpret policies.
- Enjoy working with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Display initiative and leadership, handling multiple job responsibilities, setting priorities, maintaining a high level of accomplishment, and implementing improvements to processes.
- Have the highest level of integrity and demonstrate commitment to uphold Chevron's values and standards.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.