Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Muscat, Oman
Job Title: Senior Project Engineer - Operations
Location: Oman - Candidates must already be based in Oman and have the ability to get an NOC
Contract: 6 Months with opportunity to extend
This position will manage Operations related projects within Upstream
The position will act in accordance with the Group's Mission, Vision, Values & Strategies, as well as, policies, guidelines and international standards, supported by an IT Technology platform, HSE standards, Omani's government & other legal justification's, and best international practices in consonance with national objectives.
Main tasks and responsibilities
* Maintain and update project schedule and monitor progress
* Responsible for project functions included but not limited to Project Management, Site Management, Project Control Management, Engineering Management, Procurement, Construction Management, etc. are all coordinated and properly staffed to meet the project(s) goals.
* Continuous review of progress and report deficiencies
* Follow up implementation of recovery plans
* Maintain and update project budget and expenditure
* Continuous review of expenditure and report deficiencies
* Control scope variations and keep record and follow up of changes
* Follow up of project deliverables and update register
* Integrate interface schedules with project schedule and ensure synchronization
* Follow up completion of action items related to interfaces
* Attend weekly follow up meetings with Contractors
* Follow up with the construction team
* Ensure to Work safely and think proactively about personal safety and safety of
others at work
* Actively participate in, contribute to, and promote company occupational health,
safety, security and environment culture.
* Ensure work is carried out in accordance with the Company HSE and Security policies
and procedures and meet company HSE goals and targets and participate in HSE
Internal: Central Operations, Supply Chain
External: Contractors, Vendors.
Notable Working Conditions. Field Operations and office environment, Moderate to intensive computer screen use.
Education requirements Minimum bachelor's degree in mechanical or chemical engineering
Language requirements Excellent knowledge of written, read, and spoken English (required) | Arabic - Native (desirable)
Background and experience Competencies and skills
* Minimum 10 years' experience in project engineering in oil and gas
* Primavera experience will be an advantage
* Good communication skills
* Fully conversant with MS Office and MS Project
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.