Skills: Design Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Manager
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: $60 - $70 per hour
Location: North Carolina, United States
NES Global Talent is excited to announce that our office has a great job opportunity with one of the country's largest chemical distribution organizations out of their Kings Mountain, NC location for a Electrical Design Engineer Manager. This individual would be employed on a contract basis and will provide electrical design guidance on new and existing electrical power installations, along with serving as an interface between the global project engineering team and the project sites in the Americas.
Location: Kings Mountain, NC (near Charlotte).
Hours: M-F 8AM-5PM
Pay Range: $60-$70/hr.
Duration: Contract will start ASAP and last between 6-9 months with the possibility of the contract being extended.
- Ensure that project-funding estimate input for electrical systems are compiled, submitted correctly and timely with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ensure that design packages and installations comply with applicable codes, regulations, Albemarle Corporation and industry standards and specifications, and best practices for chemical process plant design.
- Ensure that specific discipline design activities are completed in accordance with the capital project schedule and budget.
- Position will be responsible to the project management teams, along with reporting to the Global EIC Engineering Lead.
- Subject Matter Expert on electrical safety, personal protective equipment, insulated tools and mitigation of electrical hazards, along with extensive knowledge of NFPA 70E.
- Provide proactive electrical power system engineering input to capital project scope, budget, and schedule development as required.
- Work with other design and drafting teammates to develop and maintain design packages and solutions that are within the scope of the capital project and are accurate, workable, economical, and in compliance with all pertinent standards, specifications, codes, and regulations.
- Provide discipline design guidance to project team to identify proper commissioning, start-up, and site-training resources related to electrical power system installations on projects.
- Create and maintain specific discipline design requirements documentation related to use of outsourced detailed design engineering.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and develop solutions, tools, and engineering guidelines that standardize engineering design parameters and processes along with improving the efficiency, quality, and speed of the electrical power system design process.
- Must have at least 15+ years of experience in electrical power systems engineering.
- Must have at least 10+ years of experience within the chemical or petrochemical processing industry.
- Must have previous experience working on capital projects in excess of 50MM.
- Must be comfortable traveling domestically up to 25% of the time.
- Prior experience with SAP would be a plus.
- Knowledge of Chinese electrical codes would be a big plus.
- Candidates bilingual in Spanish and English would be a big plus.
- Candidates local to the Charlotte, NC area strongly preferred.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.