Skills: Business Analyst
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Alberta, Canada
Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a part time Business Analyst for a 1-year contract in Edmonton, AB. This individual will be working 20 hours per week.
• Responsible for ensuring users have required system access upon go live. Includes supporting system preparation activities before deployment, security parameters and data validation, ensuring a seamless training delivery and system deployment
• Work with Functional Change Management Specialists, Business Unit Change Consultants and Functional Project team to identify users and understand roles across the organization.
• Map security parameters to BU/Functions users based on system roles across the organization.
• Validate system data and support team responsible for training related to role access.
• Provide onsite support during training delivery.
• Validate system data and prepare system deployment.
• Provide support to BU/Functions users during go-live and support through stabilization.
• Conduct knowledge transfer and transition activities to support sustainment approach.
• Able to provide support and manage stakeholder needs and expectations • Able to work collaborative with OCM and Functional Project team • Participate in relevant Oracle-related user groups and training, as appropriate
• Develop high quality and effective documentation of role mapping and user access • Interact regularly and frequently with technical and functional support colleagues, system administrators, help desks and other internal IT contacts across all business units
• Support user system access and role mapping across (3 Business Units, Central Functions and 200+ legal entities for a program of enterprise resource platforms that provide financial and asset management reporting, supply chain management and planning/budget/forecasting functionality (moving from 8 current instances ERP / Maximo (1 Oracle, 4 SAP, 3 Maximo instances) to Oracle l on the cloud and 1 instance of Maximo
• Support user system access and role mapping (3 Business Units, Central Functions and 200+ legal entities for a program of enterprise resource platforms that provide financial and asset management reporting, supply chain management and planning/budget/forecasting functionality (moving from 8 current instances ERP / Maximo (1 Oracle, 4 SAP, 3 Maximo instances) to Oracle l on the cloud and 1 instance of Maximo
• ERP Functional Workstream Teams
• TIS Workstream
• ERP Team Members, Business Unit Subject Matter Experts, Business Unit Business Readiness Agents - guidance on mapping, system accesses, permissions and security
• OCM Functional Specialists and User Access Analyst
• OCM Communications and Engagement/OCM Training
• External Consulting Partners
• University or technical degree or diploma in Computer Science or relevant work experience
• Minimum 5+ years of proven and progressive hands-on/in-depth technical experience with enterprise financial systems, ideally Oracle E-Business Suite and/or Maximo
• Strongly preferred Power BI Experience
• Understanding how system configuration impacts user experience.
• Experienced in managing security parameters and user access
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.