Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Maintenance Engineer, Field Service Tech
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
As an On-site Services Specialist with Baker Hughes Digital Solutions, you will lead for driving organic growth and profitability with Baker Hughes Business & Channel Partners Services team in Vietnam/Thailand and Myanmar & develop plan for growing business and fulfillment execution. You will win long term strategy and tap in Customer installed base to bring in opportunity growth for Machine Diagnostic Analysis.
As Services Specialist - On Site Services, you will be responsible for:
- Performing Vibration analysis of plant machinery by acquiring vibration data using Bently Nevada online as well as offline diagnostics equipment.
- Evaluating and conveying machinery condition of rotating and reciprocating machinery at plants such as: Petrochemical, Refinery, Power, Cement, Mining, Hydro by understanding vibration and machine performance, operational and maintenance data and customer communications.
- Performing installations, commissioning, and troubleshooting of Bently Nevada Hardware and Software Products and Solutions at Baker Hughes and customer locations.
- Performing balancing for rotating machines such as motor, axial compressor, gas and steam turbine generator units.
- Installing and optimizing Bently Nevada's asset condition monitoring and optimization software's and work with customers closely so that they realize full benefits of these products.
- Prepare timely and accurate technical reports to professional standards for customer action and maintain records for future reference & driving customer satisfaction through commitment to quality.
- Liaising effectively with team leader for meeting service team's metrics such as operating plans, SAP time records, maintenance, job planning and execution.
- Implementing, conducting fieldwork in compliance and adhering to Baker Hughes' Health, Safety and Environmental policies and applicable regulations at all work sites.
- Providing occasional support to sales and service teams in preparation of service scope and other relevant technical communications with customers.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have Mechanical Engineering Diploma or Degree with significant related work experience in Petrochemical, Refinery, Power, Cement, Mining, Hydro
- Have Certification Category II or higher with knowledge of vibration fundamentals, diagnostics and troubleshooting of various rotating and reciprocating machinery problems
- Show extensive industrial experience in Operation/Maintenance of rotary equipment i.e. Bently Nevada condition monitoring products and Machinery Diagnostics methodology, Gas turbines, Steam Turbines and Centrifugal compressors
- Show willingness and ability to work at customer sites for extended hours and extensive travel, up to 85% of the time, with a customer-centric approach
- Be able to interpret and understand machinery drawings and specification with good computer skill both Hardware & Software
- Demonstrate effective communication, interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to influence others and team
- Be a good team player and proactively taking the initiative to identify and solve problems on time with Mechanical & Electrical trouble shooting skills
- Know and experience Hydro Application for e.g. Air Gap transducers, use of Portables Data collection & other Machine Diagnostic Analysis equipment
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.