Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Cota, Cundinamarca, Colombia
The end users supported are the global community in Schlumberger using this application. In accordance with business needs, this role would be responsible for ensuring and improving the functional and technical quality and management of one or more of the above mentioned applications. He/she constantly strives for process and system improvement to deliver measurable increases in efficiency. He/she should be able to provide real-time support to business users.
Roles and Responsibilities: Techno-Functional Support:
- Troubleshoots, resolves data and non-data related problems and escalated tickets of domain applications managed by him/her and communicates the solution to the end users; ensures activities are completed on time and with the required service quality.
- Analyses functional problems within the applications suite, conducts quality checks on incoming tickets and routes these appropriately, proposes solutions and involves the Application Support Lead if the problems affect business processes or core functionality of the system.
- Validates and details enhancement requirements from business users and converts the same into proper requirement specification documents for onward submission to development team / L3 service providers.
- Works with L3 support teams to manage execution of change requests / application upgrades and organize deployment and transition to service operations.
- Works with Data center & Infrastructure team to ensure optimum performance, disk usage, backup processes, security patches, and overall application stability
- Maintains systems' technology stack.
- Runs database queries and use other tools as required to troubleshoot data related issues.
- Consults key users about enhancements to applications.
- Assists in testing of new applications, releases and promotions.
- Produces metric reports on incoming tickets, trends etc.
- Organizes ad-hoc ticket backlog resolution campaigns
- Operates within the Security operations standards and guidelines.
- Ensure that the specific domain level application's business and technical documentation are kept up-to-date.
- Ensures that the applications support procedures are kept up-to-date.
- Verifies and validates software compliance.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT or Engineering in related field or equivalent
- 6 to 8 years working in IT/BPM enterprises developing/supporting Java based applications
- Fluent in English
- Experience of working on Employee time reporting and data management applications is desirable
- Experience working on documenting use cases and requirement specifications is a must
- Should have good experience in estimating application change requests
- Experience of working with tickets/incidents through a ticket management system
- Experience with Remedy Incident Management ticketing platform is preferable
- Good experience working on Oracle based applications
- Good understanding of business requirements and prioritizing needs so as to deliver a cost-effective service is essential to success.
- Preferred experience in Oil & Gas industry (though not mandatory)
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside Colombia without sponsorship
- Comfortable working across time-zones (open to shifts) and people of different nationalities
- Able to think logically and analyze complex problems
- Investigates customer wishes and needs and acts accordingly; anticipates customer needs; gives high priority to service and customer satisfaction; plays close attention to details
- Creative and innovative problem solver. Identifies problems; recognizes significant information; makes connections between data; traces possible causes of problems; investigates relevant data. Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good understanding of SAP HCM and Payroll modules especially Time management is highly desirable.
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Works well with all personality types
As a leading employer in our industry, Schlumberger is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.