Other Skills: Strong understanding of accounting, compliance, taxation and reporting
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The Area Senior Accountant is responsible for leading monthly close and quarterly forecast processes along with other basic accounting responsibilities related to reconciliations, AR, and AP.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manage the monthly close process and ensure proper documentation and filing of support information.
• Calculate and prepare journal entries for local transactions as indicated in the monthly close.
• Maintain leasing and subleasing master data base with high proficiency in IFRS 16 and GCC VAT compliance.
• Monthly invoicing, working capital management and AR follow-up.
• Reconciling complex FA registers, eliminations, Statutory and GAAP recos, etc.
• Coordination and closely working with other functions for the information.
• Assist with tax forecasting and local reporting
• Assist with required local regulatory filings in order to meet all local compliance requirements
• High proficiency in GCC VAT, WHT, taxes, etc.
• Maintain local files as dictated by local tax and regulatory legislation
• Preparation of accounting and administration reports as required by Home office
• Assist with/coordinate special projects as needed
• 5 years or more in Finance or Accounting
• ORACLE experience is highly desirable
• Multinational business familiarity preferred
• Experience in drilling/oilfield service industry preferred
Education and Training:
• University degree preferred, preferably in business/accounting along with a professional certification.
• Fluency in English
• Motivated, energetic, self-starter
• Uncompromising ethics
• Intelligent, sound judgment, common sense
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Strong analytical skills and accounting technical knowledge
• Ability to work well with people at all levels and from multiple cultures
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs