Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Data Scientist - The Data Science COE is Looking for You
Halliburton invites qualified candidates to apply for the Data Scientist position with the Data Science Center of Excellence (COE), Halliburton Digital Solutions. The Data Scientist is responsible for engaging and collaborating with business and subject matter experts to understand their specific needs, analyze data, run experiments, draw insights, build models and present complex findings to a diverse audience. They will use a variety of technologies and analytics platforms and their problem solving skills to analyze large volumes of data.
- Analyze large scale complex business data (time series data, structured/unstructured) from various data sources and draw insights
- Leverage common open source Machine Learning/Deep Learning packages for identifying data patterns and/or building predictive models
- Conduct advanced statistical analysis to determine trends and significant data relationships
- Keep up to date with latest Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence advancements
- Work with data engineers to design and construct data pipelines for reproducible analysis
- Leverage cloud computing technologies like Microsoft Azure and distributed computing technologies like Apache Spark
- Present results of analyses, including design of graphs, charts, tables and other data visualizations
Required Education and Skills
- Masters or PhD in a quantitative field
- Industry experience in predictive modeling, data science, and analysis
- Knowledge of Machine Learning frameworks and packages, including Keras, TensorFlow, Scikit-Learn and cloud computing platforms like Azure
- Experience handling terabyte size datasets, diving into data to discover hidden patterns and using data visualization tools
- Experience writing code in Python, R, Scala and distributed computing technologies like Spark
- Demonstrated teamwork, strong communication skills, and collaborative in complex engineering projects
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
315 Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim, Singapore, Singapore, 639940, Singapore
Requisition Number: 88739
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Global R&D
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.