Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Software Development
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Halliburton invites qualified candidates to apply for the Data Engineer position with the Data Science Center of Excellence (COE), Halliburton Digital Solutions. The Data Engineer is responsible for designing, developing and operationalizing ETL pipelines to support the data needs of cross-functional projects. They will also drive the adoption of data processing and analysis within the Microsoft Azure environment and help train other members of the team. They will provide technical leadership and support to our data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure data delivery architecture is consistent throughout multiple projects.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Azure 'big data' technologies.
- Implement data flows connecting operational systems, BI systems, and the big data platform
- Build real-time, reliable, scalable, high-performing, distributed, fault tolerant systems
- Clean and transform data into a usable state for analytics. Build data dictionary.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in their ML endeavors
- Design and develop code, scripts and data pipelines that leverage structured and unstructured data
- Implement measures to address data privacy, security, compliance
Required Education and Skills
- BS in computer science or related STEM field
- Experience with designing data and analytics architectures in Microsoft Azure cloud.
- Experience with Big Data technologies like Spark, Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Kafka etc.
- Fluency in several programming languages such as Python, Scala, Java, with the ability to pick up new languages and technologies quickly
- Experience with data warehousing, data ingestion, and data profiling
- Demonstrated teamwork, strong communication skills, and collaborative in complex engineering projects
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
315 Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim, Singapore, Singapore, 639940, Singapore
Requisition Number: 88740
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Global R&D
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.