Skills: IT - Programming & Database, IT - Software Development
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Stonehouse, United Kingdom
Schlumberger is the world's leading oilfield services company, with around 100,000 employees representing 140 nationalities, in 85 countries. Working globally- sometimes in remote and challenging locations - we invent, design, engineer, manufacture, apply, and maintain state-of-the-art technology to help customers find and produce oil and gas safely.
Stonehouse Technology Center (SHTC) is the Schlumberger drilling Center of Excellence. It supports Schlumberger Oilfield Services through innovative engineering and quality-driven manufacturing, with portfolio emphasis on rotary steerable systems, downhole mud motors, and batteries.
We are seeking a Software Engineer with a degree in Computer Science or related field. The goal is to create scalable and optimized software for running oil and gas drilling tools. The opportunity is based in the Gloucestershire area. Salary is competitive and includes a comprehensive benefits package. Successful candidates will be working with a team of 20+ experienced engineers, including other software professionals within a larger multifunctional engineering team. Given the current COVID-19 situation we are supporting work from home. The software teams' work has a meaningful impact on the business/industry, which offers good visibility and technical career progression within the company.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Create windows desktop applications
- Gather requirements from Stakeholders
- Collaborate with other disciplines and with other engineering projects
- Maintain Continuous Integration infrastructure for applications developed
- Perform tests and troubleshooting on application in deployed environments
- Communicate effectively with end users to assist in roll out of new software features
Experience and competencies:
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science and 3-4 years experience in a related field
- Thorough knowledge of C# language
- Knowledge of C++ advantageous
- Experience of Visual Studio
- Exposure to WinForms
- Working knowledge of Agile SW Development methodologies, Unit Testing, Continuous Integration, QA and Dev-Ops desirable
- Knowledge of Versions Control Systems
- Understanding of Python, Angular and NodeJS would be beneficial
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.