Skills: Electrical Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is searching for an Instrumentation and Electricial Technician with PLC experience in the oil and gas industry.
Work schedule of 14x14 with a work terminal out of Houma, LA
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Knowledge of PLC troubleshooting and repair (Allen Bradley, RSLogix).
- Candidates should have Gas Analyzer experience.
- Plant experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of PC's and basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of Analog and Digital I/O.
- Knowledge in troubleshooting and calibration, of flow meters, temperature and pressure transmitters, level controllers, analyzers, etc.
- Use electronic test equipment such as multimeters, HART Communicators, Pressure Test Pumps and equipment, etc. Capable of doing pneumatic panel repairs and revisions.
- Must be able to rebuild pilots, relays, and indicators
- Receives daily instructions and obtains required materials and equipment from the supervisor.
- Adheres to all safety rules and regulations in carrying out work including following detailed procedures indicated in work permits.
- Additional duties as instructed by supervisor.
Skills / Qualifications
Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 2-4 years of experience required
Preferred: Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; 3-5 years' experience preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.