Company: Baker Hughes
Skills: Process Management, Manufacturing Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Skaneateles, New York, United States
Participates in discussions about the future of the business requiring frequent and thorough interaction with other functions. Develops the year plan for own department on the basis of the framework for the strategic plan for the entire business. Frequent interactions on strategic level due to complex planning activities and/or complex sales processes with high degrees of customization. Leads a medium sized (6-10 employees) Manufacturing Engineering Team and Lean Leader.
Lead the Manufacturing Engineering Team to highest level of manufacturing process, best manufacturing practices, innovation on latest manufacturing technology, reduces cycle time and improves efficiency on the manufacturing floor. Develops and improves manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods. Manages all Manufacturing Engineering activities and projects as needed.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities
· Monitor and communicate project status, business issues, and significant developments
· Lead or participate in organizational efforts in assigned projects and tasks
· Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
· Lead special projects as directed by work requests from Engineering or Supply Chain, which may cover technical advances in producibility / capability studies
· Effectively integrate new concepts that can aid in the assignment of both equipment hardware and software as related to computer build technology, advanced process capability and material handling concepts
· Communicate with Design, Quality, Production Engineering, and Project Management on technical state of each assigned program on a periodic basis
· Act as a change agent in the implementation of demand flow technology utilizing state of the art tools and methodologies
· Establish and implement team strategies, programs, and practices to achieve world class manufacturing inventory turns and process flow
· Lead multiple Demand Flow Technology teams and drive best practices in process design and implementation
· Create the lean vision and implement the lean strategy to reduce inventory, lead-time and waste at the manufacturing facility
· Drive measurable improvements in productivity and product flow
Qualifications / Requirements
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
· At least 5 additional years of manufacturing engineering or quality management experience with a focus on Lean Six Sigma.
· Quality control knowledge is preferred
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Ability to guide and influence others
· Strong process orientation
· Six Sigma training is preferred
· Knowledge of value stream mapping, one-piece flow, Action Workouts, Kaizen, 5s, and other lean tools is preferred
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.