Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Juneau, Alaska, United States
The Sample Preparation Technician is responsible for preparing client samples for analysis and ensuring that samples are prepared in a timely matter.
- Carry out Sample Preparation procedures in accordance with documented SOP's or recognized standard reference methods.
- Report any deviation from documented procedures to the Sample Preparation Supervisor.
- Inform the Sample Preparation Supervisor of any nonconforming event related to client samples, or other departmental operations.
- Inform the Sample Preparation Supervisor of any unsafe conditions within the department.
- Act in a safe and professional manner and wear appropriate attire including the required personal protective equipment.
- Ensure proper functioning of Sample Prep operations by:
- Monitoring the performance of the equipment.
- Ensuring adequate inventory of supplies.
- Practicing good housekeeping.
- Communicate general laboratory issues to the Sample Preparation Supervisor as appropriate.
- Some lifting is required, up to 50lbs.
- Perform other duties as required by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years experience in Sample Preparation at a commercial laboratory or equivalent experience in a position of manual labour such as construction.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Detail orientated and ability to work very well under pressure.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Familiar with LIMS.
- Sample Preparation Supervisor.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.