Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria
Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria
Skills: Facilities Engineer, Asset Integrity Engineer, Field Service Tech
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Nigeria
JOB DESCRIPTION AND PROFILE
Facilitates Engineering activities so as to safely execute Facilities upgrade and new installations work in accordance with specified standards and specifications; manage existing Facilities to support increased production with minimal downtime.
Reports to the Chief Technical & Operating Officer (CTOO).
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Degree in Engineering, with a speciality for process and mechanical discipline. (Petroleum/Chemical/Mechanical)
• A relevant Masters' Degree will be an added advantage
• Previous experience/involvement with IOC projects and demonstrated experience with design of facilities, construction, and operations personnel.
• Experienced in the development of a field facilities business plan
• Experienced in taking over of facilities in a field or a block
• Management level interface with various functions within the Company including, operations, midstream, finance, sub-surface, drilling, contracts & procurement, QHSE, HR, etc.
• Experienced in Shut Down Maintenance Planning, coordination and execution of shutdown maintenance of production facilities in onshore and offshore.
• Experienced in troubleshooting, diagnosis and implementation of solutions to facilities problems
• Minimum of 12 years of prior experience
• Good knowledge of offshore operations/ facilities
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES - FACILITIES MANAGER
• Develop and execute implementation plans to tie in oil wells to either individual production separators and tanks on each site or collectively at gathering separation and treatment facilities
• Preparation of drawings for materials take-offs, construction, and operation
• Assist with the development of purchase orders and timelines with procurement.
• Expedite and follow up the procurement of materials and equipment in accordance with the approved specifications. Monitor and implement the approved quality assurance and control system in order to safeguard the technical and operational integrity of the facilities.
• Coordinate operational and construction activities at the facilities.
• Day to day management of field technicians
• Coordinate with contractors, partners and third-party consultants as required.
• Inspect existing Facilities and recommend renovation/upgrade plans
• Assist Management with the negotiation of contracts such as service contracts, as required.
• Direct collaboration with production engineering to optimize the full value chain from reservoir to sales point.
• Manage the development of construction contracts, pre-qualification/selection of bidders, tendering, evaluation and award.
• Manage construction projects, such as the installation of oil, gas and water production, separation and injection facilities.
• Work with tanks, vessels, compressors, pumps, piping, power distribution and computer controls, including making repairs, adding new features or functionality and installing new equipment
• Take responsibility for managing all aspects of construction and upgrade projects
• Resolve Technical issues with third-party partners in line with API and ASME Codes; and ensure designs are in line with the relevant codes.
• Work with the team to execute operating plans and capital and expense budgets and to develop assets in a cost-effective manner
• Help develop budgets and plans and assist operations personnel in reviewing existing facilities to improve efficiency and reduce costs
• Liaise and maintain effective working relationships with relevant authorities that have jurisdiction over projects and ensure project compliance with authority expectations and complete documentation (permits, authorizations etc.) as required.
• Demonstrated the technical understanding of engineering activities including production, exploitation, operations.
• Knowledge level understanding of Asset Integrity - Process Safety Management (AI-PSM) concepts and processes
• Understanding of Industry Facilities design standards and codes, and performance standards, such as API codes
• Competency demonstrated for Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) techniques and methods, preferably including Causal Learning.
• Demonstrated abilities to work across multi-disciplinary teams that could include operations, leadership, finance, engineering, regulatory, and others.
• Awareness level competency in Production System Optimization (PSO) Alarm Management processes.
• Change Management skills, including a knowledge level understanding of the Management of Change (MOC) process.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative.
• Project management skills
• Team working skills
• The ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
• Excellent understanding of the oil and gas industry.
• Relevant experience in the working of Rotating Equipment and Equipment Maintenance.
• Strong technical skills, planning tools and progress reporting.