Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
- 5+ years experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- D iverse knowledge of manufacturing processes and products.
- Must have Current/Recent Continuous Improvement Experience
- Experience with downhole tools and safety valves preferred.
- E xperience with statistical tools preferred.
- Experience in CAD/CREO, ERP software preferred.
- I PC-A-610 / IPC-A-620 / J-STD-001
- Know and understand Weatherford's Enterprise Excellence Program and the Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Support and assist in the improvements to production processes, methods and controls.
- Performs research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production scheduling, assembly methods and production equipment.
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
- Designs, develops and test and/or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Coordinate efforts associated with planning, procuring, installing and qualifying tooling, fixtures and equipment.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Lead/own CPARs(corrective and preventative actions), MOCs (Management of Change) to resolve production and customer issues
- Performs Preliminary Material Review/Material Review Board (PMR/MRB) for the disposition of discrepant material.
- Develop standard costs and perform analysis on multiple product lines.
- Enter, maintain all part numbers, BOM's, mfg. routers, and work orders, in JDE software and perform annual cost rolls to support manufacturing production.
- Process ECNs: analysis, approval, implementation, and communication of engineering change orders and parts releases.
- Represents manufacturing on cross-functional terms.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Maintain clean and safe environment.