Skills: Drilling Manager, Drilling Superintendent, Rig Manager
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Offshore Drilling Group
Transocean is focused on being the employer of choice for the drilling industry.
We are challenging ourselves every day to push the performance of the company through technological advances and passion for our work.
The Rig Engineer supports the continuous improvement circle "plan-execute-measure-learn" as defined in the Performance Improvement and Operational Efficiency.
The Rig Engineer is key in preparation & follow up of preparations in order to reduce the well construction duration without jeopardizing safety, maximizing the revenue and maintaining the assets to the highest standards.
During the assignment the Rig Engineer will:
•\tDevelop knowledge and experience of Drilling systems & Operations.
•\tBuild experience on deviated well and completion operation.
•\tBecome familiar with Cyber Systems, Manual Systems and Drilling Operation requirements for the vessel, machinery and equipment.
•\tBuild experience on a Dynamically Positioned vessel operations.
The Rig Engineer has the necessary authority to carry out pre-planning and other tasks as listed under this job description in conjunction/agreement with the Company Man, Senior Toolpusher & Drill Superintendent.
- Engineer Degree in Petroleum, Mechanical, Civil, Electrical field or equivalent. Work experience and demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
- Knowledge of all technical calculations required for the safe operation of the drilling
- Advanced computer skills
- Valid medical and vaccination certificate
- Valid well control certificate
- High School Diploma (U.S.)/ Proof of Completion of Formal Education or Relevant Craft Certificate (where applicable)
- Successful Military Discharge - Preferred for U.S.
- Graduate of Trade School or University where knowledge and training acquired are applicable to job requirements - Preferred
- Promotes a Safe and Respectful Work Environment: Proactively promotes and Maintains a healthy respect for open and transparent dialogue between all levels of personnel. Demonstrates care for the safety and well-being of all personnel, at all times. Invests in each person to provide equal opportunity for development and advancement of those qualified, to fulfill their career objectives. Respects the dignity of all personnel and recognizes their merit.
- Attend and participate in all required Safety and Operational meetings.
- Participate fully in the annual performance appraisal process, competency assessments based on performance against Operational Discipline requirements.
- Complete company training requirements for the Rig Engineer job level as per the training matrix.
- Full participation in emergency drills and respond to emergency situations as per assigned duties on the station bill.
Operational Discipline Requirements
Disciplined application and participation in the Task Planning & Risk Assessment Process. This means, doing the right thing, the right way, every time following Transocean 5 Key Expectations of Task Planning and Risk Assessment. This is inclusive of:
- Understanding and perform the roles and responsibilities as assigned at the pre-job meeting.
- Understanding the hazards associated with the task.
- Understanding and effectively implementing the control measures required to mitigate identified hazards.
- Execute all tasks and task steps in a disciplined manner, following the sequence detailed in the relevant procedures.
- Recognize at risk behavior or conditions during tasks and call 'Time out for Safety' when unsure, or when the job does not go as planned.
- Participate in After Action Reviews to feedback lessons learned from performing the task.
- Report all incidents, potential hazards or abnormal situations to supervisors.
- Actively execute work in accordance with Company Safety Processes, e.g. START, Task Planning Risk Assessment and use of the Prompt Card, Safe Manual Handling, Working at Heights, etc.
- Call a Time Out for Safety (TOFS) when you do not understand the plan, when an unsafe condition is observed, or perceived, anytime personal impairment is recognized, when it's not clear what will happen next, or the hazards and associated risks for the task changes.
- Participate in the execution of the rigs 'Hold the Zero' plan.
- Comply with the company requirements to safeguard 'lone workers.'
- Maintain a safe and tidy work area throughout all tasks and on
- completion of tasks.
The underlying expectation is that all duties are carried out in compliance with the Company Operational Discipline expectations and HSE requirements.
When considering assignment of duties, the Rig Engineer will apply the rules of task planning (CAKES) to determine if the assigned role is appropriate. This means confirming that the individuals involved have the knowledge, skills, and experience to carry out the task, and the task plan complies with policy before they are authorized to proceed.
- Partake in the daily operations meeting with the OIM, Senior Toolpusher and other rig department heads
- Prepare the daily drilling operations report in the Global Management System (GMS)
- Promote and maintain an effective working relationship with other departments, third-party personnel and Customer Representatives
- The Rig Engineer assists and aids in the planning, execution, and recording of the operational performance of the rig, looking to improve the efficiency of critical path operations.
- Rig engineer coordinates with the Maintenance Supervisor to ensure equipment is maintained as much as possible offline. This includes anticipating maintenance coming due in next 2-4 months.
- Supervise 3rd party equipment preparation for future Drilling & Completion Operations in conjunction with Toolpusher.
- Plan, communicate & coordinate upcoming operations to ensure seamless transition from event to event.
- Ensure Permits, Procedures and Risk Assessments are prepared in time for next operation & that they are understood, utilized & updated accordingly.
- Confirm with the Toolpusher that the electronic Drilling, Casing / Landing String tallies are correct and are verified against client generated tallies, for any discrepancies.
- Assist in Critical path Well preparation activities, liaising with Client, TP & Contractor personnel.
- Monitor the operational performance of the rig through monthly quality benchmarking and liaise with the rig crew and client for continuous improvement initiatives. Monitor various crews, identify & share best practices.
- QA/QC of daily check lists.
- Capture & Review lessons learned & historical performance to identify improvement opportunities; these will be discussed on a weekly basis with Transocean Management.
- Review and follow up on equipment issues reported in the Driller's Equipment Log Book.
- Ensure the proper reporting of the operations in GMS and in the customer Daily Drilling Report.
- Revise all reports are accurate and no biased information are release.
- Assist to the Drill Well on paper / Drilling Sup meeting
- Prepare performance reports as required by the company and the client.
- Ensure reports related to the well (Well Control, Stuck Pipe, Fishing) are accurate and prepared on a timely manner when needed.
- Support Company Onshore Drilling Department in the Operations Efficiency initiatives.
- Participate on the customer daily meetings. Participate on HOD (Heads of Department) and pre-tour meetings
Additional Job Description
Management Level: Offshore Supervisor
Job Category: Offshore
Job Classification: 2149-05 - ENGENHEIRO DE PRODUÇÃO (Brazilian Occupation Code-Brazil
If you want to push yourself to great achievement, let Transocean develop your career.
No matter where in the world Transocean people are working, we are all pioneers at heart. We don’t shrink from challenges. They inspire us. Which is why we’ve been a company of firsts since our inception. Although we come from different countries, cultures and backgrounds, we’re united by our shared pursuit of excellence. We value the different perspectives represented throughout our organization, recognizing that our people are our most valuable asset.
In today’s competitive environment, when Transocean has asked our employees to embrace a performance culture that requires us to constantly seek improvement no matter how productive we are, our team has risen to the occasion. And in fact, they are changing the way we operate. If you are motivated by a work environment that consistently challenges you, one where you can have an impact that is felt on every rig and on the bottom lines of both Transocean and our customers, we encourage you to browse our available positions below and at www.deepwater.com/our-people
Transocean has received reports of unauthorized individuals falsely advertising or promising job opportunities and supporting their claims with forged documents. These individuals ask for money to cover processing fees, visas, work permits, etc. Transocean's hiring process does not include unsolicited offers of employment or require payment. We will only contact you if you have applied for employment through our website at: www.deepwater.com, or had contact with one of our local recruiting or field offices. We also have received reports of unauthorized solicitations of business or vendor quotes, which may request pricing and other commercial details. Please do not respond to any requests unless you can verify the origin of the request. Transocean communicates with its vendors using a vendor portal or direct communication with a designated Transocean representative known by vendors. Transocean will never ask you to send banking information by email. If you suspect fraud, we would encourage you to report such activity to your local police authorities.