Skills: Maintenance Technician, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Decatur, Texas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Looking for a long-term career opportunity? Come join Wood as a Measurement Technician in Decatur, TX. Local candidates only, as this is not rotational work and no per diem or lodging will be provided. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation, LTD/STD and more.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Proving meters
- Inspection and Maintenance of meters as needed
- Maintain measurement calibration data and historical records
- Enter data into network databases
- Maintain proving equipment
- Perform verification/calibration on differential pressure transmitters, temperature transmitters, pressure transmitters, chart recorders, and other measurement related ancillary equipment.
- Assist in the investigation and resolution of over/short measurement situations
- Perform witnessing of meter proving.
- Prepare measurement tickets and associated paperwork to ensure accurate custody transfer of deliveries and receipts.
- Schedule, coordinate, perform and/or witness meter proving of custody transfer meters, control meters and densitometers.
- Maintain meter factor and densitometer trend data and perform and/or coordinate measurement equipment calibrations. Input all data on a timely basis to maintain the control chart database.
Skills / Qualifications
Prefer 3-5 years of experience in the following:
General working knowledge of Windows based PC Systems.
Knowledge and experience with Oil and Gas Industry Processes.
Ability to troubleshoot problems and work under pressure.
Follow and promote EH&S Safety Standards.
Must pass a post offer company drug test and physical.
Legally authorized to work in the United States
Valid driver's license
Willingness and ability to perform/comply with following:
Working in temperature extremes or adverse weather conditions
Working in several different geographic locations each day
Working both in and out of a company-owned vehicle
Wearing appropriate special safety equipment
Walking, bending, stooping and lifting
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.