Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, Fire Protection
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: England, United Kingdom
Role: Senior Health, Safety & Fire Consultant
Location: Home based (South East) with travel
We are looking for an experienced Consultant to join our team of industry experts delivering consultancy services that will help ensure compliance, improve safety and boost performance.
As a Senior Health, Safety and Fire Consultant for Bureau Veritas, you would be responsible for delivering technically excellent health and safety and fire risk requirements, aligned to client requirements, across a large portfolio of high-profile corporate organisations.
Make an impact doing work you can be proud of at Bureau Veritas. Contribute to a global mission to enhance standards with integrity, and help us create safer buildings for society to live and work in.
TECHNICAL ABILITY, CUSTOMER EXCELLENCE
You will be required to deliver high quality health and safety consultancy services to clients including:
- Health and safety services, including audit and inspections, development and review of health and safety management systems, and delivery of training
- To deliver high quality fire consultancy services to clients including audits and inspections, development and review of management systems, and delivery of training
- Prepare comprehensive reports including observations, recommendations and interpretation of laboratory analysis.
- Arrange and carry out all work to meet with agreed Company & client timescales.
- Be responsible for managing small contracts/projects within division as directed by the area manager
- Liaise with project managers and account managers in relation to work under their control
- Present and discuss reports with the client as necessary
- Working closely with the centralised planning team to ensure work is being effectively scheduled and carried out
- To contribute to responses to requests for client work and proposals
- Acting as a technical specialist within the client organisation
- Keeping abreast of current legislation to ensure standards and compliance
- Compliance with the Bureau Veritas UK Health & Safety policy and procedures
Candidate requirements include:
- Qualified to Grad IOSH or CMIOSH level
- Membership of IFE - Graduate level or higher (GIFireE)
- Proven consultancy experience
- Experienced in the organisation and planning of personal work load
- Experienced in fulfilling role of day to day site contact for the business and its clients
- A good background knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to build lasting relationships with clients a
- A flexible approach to working with a willingness to travel
- Full UK driving licence
LEADERS IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION
Only Bureau Veritas can offer:
- Structured development programmes, from apprentice to chartered engineer, to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes
- The opportunity to deliver excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world's most recognised brands
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer eight years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.