Skills: Marine Engineering, Offshore Position Surveying
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Job Title: Junior Marine Engineer
Start Date: ASAP start
Salary: Market Competitive
The structural/installation engineer will design installation aids (guides and bumpers), grillage and seafastening, rigging and prepare installation procedures (manuals) for offshore transporation and installation operations by cargo barges and crane vessels. He/she will ensure the quality level and provide guidance on how to resolve problems.
The installation engineer will be assigned from time to time to a fabrication yard and/or crane vessel offshore on a project to project basis.
Your responsibilities are:
- To ensure work preparation for offshore transportation and installation meets the required standards and client requiments
- To ensure teamwork, by taking into account concerns and interests of other disciplines
- To ensure a safe working environment in accordance with the company's Incident and Injury Free (IIF) principles
Your tasks are to:
- Develop and detail out offshore execution methods by defining installation aids, such as lifting points, rigging, grillage and seafastening
- Review of drawings, reports and procedures in support of offshore operations
- Draft scopes of work for subcontractors
- Perform inspections on site (both on- and offshore)
You should be:
- Degree in Offshore Engineering, Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Familiar with inspections on offshore structure fabrication yards
- Familiar with the offshore oil&gas and renewables business
- Experience working offshore is a plus
- Pragmatic and solution oriented
- Willing to travel and work offshore
- Looking for candidates with minimum 2 years of relevant experience
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!