Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Programming & Database
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Halliburton invites qualified candidates to apply for a senior scientist role with the Signal Processing Center of Excellence (COE) in Singapore. We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talents by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards, and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry. This position provides an opportunity to participate in a strategic research and development program shaping the industry's future technology. By solving challenging technical problems you can have a rapid impact or a long-term benefit on a commercial market with significant revenue. Successful candidates are expected to perform original and relevant research and development to expand the group's expertise and technology portfolio. The Signal Processing CoE at Halliburton encourages a culture of continued learning, inventing, and innovating by bringing together a diverse group of top-notch research scientists. Our goal is to continuously grow the group's core research expertise in the area of signal and imaging processing, telemetry, modeling and inversion, high-performance computing, and AI-assisted data analytics, to maximize efficiency and values of the data, and to ensure the long-term success of Halliburton.
- Work as a team in Global Signal Processing Center of Excellence, Halliburton
- Conducting research and development in the areas of signal and imaging processing, telemetry, modeling and inversion, high-performance computing, and AI-assisted data analytics for solving challenging problems in the oil & gas industry.
- Carry out project-related or exploratory research in the disciplines of acoustics, electromagnetic, NMR, seismic, etc.
- Collaborate with product service lines of the company globally, responsible for technology development, transfer, presentation, and sustaining.
- Publish results in patent applications, technical journals, and conferences.
Required Education and Skills
- A Ph.D. (or equivalent experience) from but not limited to Physics, Mathematics, Geophysics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, and Civil Engineering.
- Strong background in STEM.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in signal and imaging processing, telemetry, modeling (including modeling using commercial software), and inversion.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in AI/machine learning implementation in a certain domain.
- Proficient in numerical analysis in either MatLab, Python and/or C/C++/C#
- Extensive knowledge and experience Experience in High-performance computing (CPU and GPU parallelization).
- Experience in relevant industries/companies/academia is a plus.
- An excellent publication and patent record consistent with experience.
- Passion in solving practical problems, from invention to implementation.
- Demonstrated teamwork, strong communication skills, and collaborative in complex projects.
**Candidates having qualifications that exceed job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
315 Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim, Singapore, Singapore, 639940, Singapore
Requisition Number: 88691
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Global R&D
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.