Skills: Rig Electrician, Electrician
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Job Purpose: The Electrician is responsible to the Maintenance Supervisor, Rig Supervisor or Assistant Rig Superintendent as applicable for the maintenance of all electrical equipment within scope/area of responsibility and for the health and safety of all persons under their authority.
- Journeyman Electrician Certificate
- Minimum 1+ years Offshore Experience as Electrician
- BST, H2S Alive, Fall Protection, Confined Space Entry, Hazardous Area EX Training, Arc Flash, WHMIS, CAPP Medical
- Employees Are responsible to adhere to the Training and Competency Matrix.
- Shall Complete and maintain training requirements as per CAPP guideline, Operator, Company and other as applicable.
- Shall demonstrate Skills Competency, client and other Requirements as applicable.
- Training and Competency requirements will be updated as applicable.
- Perform daily inspections and maintenance on electrical equipment
- Carry out periodic maintenance according to the Rig Maintenance System guidelines and coordinate that maintenance with supervisor and other department heads
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair all power generation and distribution equipment, i.e. generators and engine controls, SCR's, switchgears, transformers, etc.
- Carry out maintenance and repair on electrical components of drilling equipment, i.e. Driller's console, DC drilling motors and auxiliaries, Top Drive System, drawworks, mud pumps, etc.
- Carry out maintenance and repair on electrical components of marine equipment, i.e. thruster motors and auxiliaries, ballast pumps, control panels, cranes, etc.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Electrician - NL Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: